Chapter 73

Authors' note:

Hello dear readers,

Firstly, we apologize for the delay. Unfortunately we are not able to update the chapters as we would like, but we will try to improve the frequency of posts.

Let's quickly recap what happened in the last few chapters:

*Andy discovers that Elena is alive and that she is in a relationship with Pruit.

* Andy notes that she hasn't been on the contraceptive pill for a few weeks and is very scared about the possibility of being pregnant.

* Pruit returns from Puerto Rico and Andy has a conversation with her father about her discoveries.

*Note: Despite our delay in posting the update, this sequence of events took place in a period of less than 3 weeks within the story.

We wish everyone a good reading of the next chapter.

From the day Andy started thinking about the possibility of being pregnant, she often dreamed that she and Robert had a baby. Sometimes she dreamed that she was leaving the house, leaving Robert alone with the child. At other times she dreamed that she had given up her career to take care of her baby. With these nightmares, it was common for her to have restless nights and, when she and Robert slept together, he always tried to find out the reason for the agitation, but she lied and said that she didn't remember what she had dreamed about.

As the days went by, she also began to dream good things. She, Robert and the baby had a beautiful morning together in the park and afterwards, they took the child home, where Grandpa Pruit and a nanny lovingly looked after the child so that the parents could work. With each dream, she became more lost in her feelings about it.

The days went by and the date of her menstruation was approaching. Until then, Carina had not advised her to take any tests as there were no symptoms to suspect a pregnancy.

One day, Andy felt a huge desire to eat a sweet she had eaten in Brazil. She had just finished dinner and soon mentioned to Robert her desire to eat brigadeiro.

Robert: Really Andy? Brigadeiro, at this time, in the United States? Where will I find this?

Andy: I don't know. I know I want to eat brigadeiro. I never asked you for anything like that. Won't you make the effort to look for me?

Andy made an expression of pity that Robert couldn't deny. So, he got in the car and went to some sweet shops, but in none of them he found the brigadeiro. He was already giving up when he had an idea. He remembered that Carina had already visited Brazil several times and perhaps she could give him some tips on where to find it. So, he took out his cell phone and called Carina.

Robert: Hi Carina, I'm sorry for bothering you so late, but Andy has a craving for brigadeiro and I thought maybe you would know where I can buy it here in Seattle, since you know a lot about Brazilian culture.

Carina: I don't know where you can buy it, but the recipe is very simple and easy to make. I will send you a YouTube video and you can do it yourself at home.

Robert: Excellent idea. Thanks.

Carina was thoughtful for a moment.

Carina: Robert, has Andy ever had desires like this before?

Robert: No. She never asked me to buy her anything, especially something so different.

Robert stopped to think and understood what Carina meant.