28: Shimmer-Fang

Y/N POV

Kali: So, you got bombarded with ordinance...

Reaper: <Yes...>

Eve: Then teleported, almost exactly like Y/N, except... you weren't trapped before time?

Reaper: No, it was like a jump, and it wasn't the Vex, because Y/N, Chase did it. She killed Atheon, alone, for all of us. I was one of the scouts sent to find the fireteam that went dark. When I got there... Chase was laying at the entrance of the vault, beaten, battered, and... covered in Venus' elements, clenching her ghost in her arms. 

I just stare at the wall, spacing out. 

Reaper: I was told to leave her there, as the Vanguard would do something about it. But... fuck the Vanguard, I took her and brought her to the Reef, where she had an Awoken funeral. They understood the significance of defeating Atheon, halting the Vex's progress tenfold. 

Y/N: So, you were flying back to the Tower... did you make it? 

Reaper: Your ship, as resilient as it was, was intercepted by something. I have no genuine idea what caused me to warp, you said a Vex construct is powerful enough with enough... power, but I was coming from Mars, and Venus wasn't near at the time. Before you get mad... your ship was given to me because of your will. You said it yourself that you passed your belongings down to any of the friends I made along the way. When we checked your vault, there was nothing there.

Y/N: That's because we jury-rigged a vehicle link in Zaun, taking all my stuff from my vault and stashing it here, in Runeterra. 

Reaper: Can I have some?

Y/N: Fuck no, I'm not dead! *Sniff* 

Ahri: Right, whatever the hell happened... you are paying for that.

Reaper: What? 

Kali: I don't care what happened... you are paying.

Eve: What they said, hon. 

Reaper: LYFE!!!

Lyfe: What?! What? I was busy sharing entries with Ghost!

Reaper: Can you fetch some glimmer for my new friends, chica? How much do you need? 

Ahri: How much can you give? 

Reaper: As much as you want. 

Ahri: I'll need some serious gold, like... do you have Venmo? 

Reaper: What's that? 

Ahri: Or like... any kind of digital currency... thing...

Reaper: Let me see this... Venmo. 

Ahri opens the app on her phone and turn it so that Reaper can see it. 

Lyfe scans it. 

Lyfe: How much do you need? I'll turn some glimmer into this... gold you speak of. 

Ahri: At least a few grand...

Kali: Make it a hundred for my sanity...

Lyfe takes about two hundred fifty glimmer and turns it into two hundred thirty-five thousand gold. The beauty of technology... 

I cough, and hack a little bit at Ahri's reaction to the massive donation.

They're millionaires, but a sudden sum like that will still shock anybody. 

Especially when they read one of Reaper's many inappropriate calling cards.

Ahri: 235,000... from... "Big gay balls".