35: Acoustician, the Ravenous

Y/N POV

Seraphine and I walk outside in the slightly melted snow.

Sera: Nice scarf.

Y/N: Thanks, Eve got it for me.

Sera: Oh, did she now? That's new...

Y/N: She didn't get gifts for what's-his-face?

Lyfe: Tobias.

Ghost: Twisted Fate.

Sera: No, she didn't, and do we have to bring these two along?

Lyfe: We're the guardian's ghost... ghosts... so yes, in case your father decided to shoot him, we have his back. You won't know we're here, trust me!

Ghost: Plus judging by your father's resume, he might be into us.

Lyfe: An acoustician, working with hextech? I wonder what kind of magic he's seen in his days.

Sera: He made me a microphone that gave me special powers to... empower and help people.

Y/N: So, he turned you into a champion from that?

Sera: Sort of, I just liked to sing and... then after we all escaped that rift, singing was what I kept doing.

Y/N: Damn... you must be mighty talented, someone like you can change the world.

Sera: Uhh... thanks?

Y/N: Don't mention it.

Sera opens the garage door, revealing an older, but restored Chevy Blazer, kitted out for the winter.

Ghost: I researched this...

Ghost goes under it to scan it.

Ghost: Hextech drivetrain, reforged with a blend of Freljordian steel... to last the cold.

Lyfe: No nitrous, but the supercharger under the hood is fascinating!

Sera: We got a lot of gifts when we first played in Freljord, mainly in the mountains where the frozen watchers were.

Y/N: Watchers?

Both ghosts stop scanning and then dart back to her.

Sera: Yeah... they're just... giant, frozen... apparently they helped build Runeterra, but were casted away in the ice thanks to Lissandra... and... well, Kai is asleep, Bel'Veth.

Y/N: I met Bel, she's nice, just... creepy.

Sera: They both are, but they are what allow us to live peacefully.

Y/N: Ryze said my destiny was to fight the watchers... and bring ultimate peace, that's my interpretation anyway.

Sera: I don't expect them to break from the ice anytime soon, that's kind of the whole... you know, jail thing?

Y/N: Got it, well, I'll worry less about it, and worry about impressing dad.

Sera: Cool, I'm driving!

We hop into the old truck, firing it up and heading out.

*CHATTER! NYOOOOOM!*

We head over to Zaun, passing through the main strip, even going past the warehouse I demolished.

I hold my breath, so I don't have a chance of getting sick again, I know Sera is used to it because I assume she used to live here.

It's... kind of cute to see a petite woman drive such a big truck, because she looks like a little girl in the driver's seat.