H2: Selfish Moment

*PEW! DINK!* 

Gem: AH! FUCK!

About another week goes by and Riven finally mustered up the courage to speak to us, but not until after the Vex tried to invade the Dreaming City again. That blast you heard was Gemini getting shot in the helmet, which the bullet went right through. 

She's okay, thank the light, but uhhh... she doesn't sound too good. 

*HAND CANNON BANG!* 

I put that Vex Hobgoblin in it's place, then quickly run over to help Gem, who luckily planted a healing rift before getting shot in the face. 

Y/N: You alright, girl! 

Dak: MAKE IT FAST, LOVEBIRDS!!! 

*BRRRRRRR!* 

Dak provides covering fire as I help Gem get up. I slide over to her and her helmet is damaged. Her ghost comes over and transmats a new one, but the sparks I see along her jawline make me thing something got knocked loose. 

Must've been her voice box, or some kind of speaking registry thing... 

Gem: OH NO!!! IT IS THE DIVE ROCKET LAUNCHER!!! TAKE ACTION REGARDING THAT INDIVIDUAL!!!

Dak: CHICKEN!!!

*METALLIC THUD!*

A giant Vex wyvern dives on us. It ends up launching all of us and sending us every which way. 

Gem: RELAX, I'LL HANDLE IT!!! 

*BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!*

As I'm laying into the wyvern, trying to distract its attention, I see Gem running up the wall. She twirls off of it, activating her glide, and begins to cast her Nova bomb. She raises up her one arm, and the ground begins to shake. 

Dak: DO IT NOW!!!

Gem: I AM THE ANGRY PUMPKIN!!!

*NOVA BOMB PEWWWWW! FOLLOWED BY A LOUD, EAR-SHATTERING EXPLOSION!*

That was that, everything is dead and the Techeuns come back out of their chamber to finish conjuring Riven's soul. Gem floats down like a flower and lands next to us. 

Y/N: You did good there... how many was that... like 15? Good shit.

I pull her into a hug, holding her close, nice and intimate... 

Gem: The architect and the builder... 

Y/N: What? Hey, Gemmy, you alright? 

She points at a spot right below her jawline. 

Gem: They arrive calmly from their escalator with a sense of purpose! MY... HEAD... IS... SOARING!!!

Sting comes out of me and scans the side of her head, along with her ghost. 

Sting: Voicebox is damaged! Looks like we'll have to get that taken care of. 

Gem sighs, and all I do is just go back to hugging her. I help get her helmet off and the side of her mouth is just sparking and buzzing. So, I guess she's muted for the time being as her ghost tries to fix it. 

Grip: Stay still, Madam Gemini! This will hurt only for a moment! 

Y/N: She's gonna fix your voicebox, I'm gonna hold your jaw in place, is that okay? 

Gem nods, then replies...

Gem: Pumpkin.

I snicker and then hold her jaw up as she sort of smiles at me. Dak on the other hand sheaths his machine gun and admires the room that we just filled with holes.