H9: Parasitic Tendencies

So, it's been about a month, maybe a little less. I'm not good at tracking time, but apparently this month was shorter than the other ones, which makes me believe that it's February or some kind of February clone. 

No wait, Eve got me a heart-shaped box of chocolates two weekends ago, it was definitely February. I did promise Sera I'd fix her dad's car, and there really wasn't much wrong with it. Sure, the underside was covered in rust, but that just took some grinding and hole patching. 

The reason why it didn't fire was literally the reason my bombs didn't work on that truck, these "spark plugs", were in horrible shape. Ironically, this car followed a lot of features that came from a Chevrolet motor, despite the car not being Chevrolet at all. I changed the oil and the brakes too, and even taught her how to do it. 

Y/N: Yeah, personally, I wouldn't drive this hunk of junk. 

Sera: WHAT?! It's so cool though! 

Y/N: Well, it looks a lot better after I cleaned it up...

It's not a muscle car, it's some kind of old race car. A beautiful red and white design, two-seater, small, perfect for her, but the engine is fucking massive for this thing, every inch of the bay is full, even with a bulge in the hood. 

My car knowledge is limited, and I'm not a warlock who would just know what kind of car this is right off the bat. I just know how to fix this thing from so much jerry-rigging. As soon as both of us sit in the interior, Sera places her hand on the gear-lever, pretending to race with it. I open the glove box and find a manual. 

Right as I open it, Sting flies over and scans through it, still covered in oil. 

Sera: Hey, are ghosts waterproof? 

Sting: Yes... I do think I need a bath after that... it says here this is a-

Y/N: The 1958 Nitro Scorcher. 

Sting: From Kai's phone, I went through her search history. I was able to scan a chunk of the internet along with it. While I found some... questionable stuff in her recommendations, I am able to run a bootlegged virtual-scape, and... turns out Nitro, the manufacturer, was bought back in 2012.

Y/N: During that time I was helping Miss Fortune? 

Sting: Yeah, and Zilean put us here, in 2024, where we are now. 

Y/N: Ohhhh... 

Sting: Anyway, Nitro was bought by Hextech. Actually, Hextech owns a lot of stuff, even this knew breed of technology now. That explains a lot of this tech we're not used to seeing... in a span of 12 years, went from flintlocks to magic-infused metallics. I guess it depends on where you are, this place is weird. 

Sera: That's Runeterra for you... so, do we wanna take this Scorcher for a spin? 

Sting: Scorchers were used in high-performance races and even won competitions hosted by other car brands, talk about party crashing... "Certain road-legal models were released to the public", so this is not a "muscle car". 

Sera: Yeah, I know, so it's a race car, doesn't matter, it's a classic car! 

Sting transmats away after dripping oil on my pants and Sera takes the funky, square-looking plug... oh it's a key... why does it look like a fork? She jams it in anyway, pumping the pedal like I told her to. 

*LOUD VWOM! ENGINE CHATTERING NOISES!* 

Sera: AWESOME!!! 

Sting: This car is fit with the biggest engine produced by Nitro-Hextech at the time, a hybrid motor made for track day! BE CAREFUL!!!