100 - Look Me in the Eyes and Love Me, Love Me, Love Me

Yippee Chapter 100

Chongyun rarely has moments where he can fully relax.

It always seems to him like there was training to be done, or some social event he was being dragged to by Xingqiu, and before he knows it, he doesn't have much time to just...relax.

Today's a little different though, as he lays his head on Xingqiu's lap while he reads to him softly and messes with his hair idly, allowing for a moment of bliss he actually really enjoys.

Normally, whenever Xingqiu suggested something bizarre like resting in his lap, Chongyun was quick to refuse in a fluster, knowing it was likely just Xingqiu trying to tease him despite the seemingly kind offer, but after giving in this time, he found that it was actually quite nice.

Xingqiu's skin was cold to the touch, which he finds more and more to be the case when he runs his fingers up his scalp and sifts through his hair, to which Chongyun leans into his touch and hums under his breath.

He can almost hear an air of excitement in Xingqiu's voice as it gets a little higher and nearly sounds like he's speaking through a smile while he reads, and he decides to let him have his little victory (whatever it was) and just continue to bask in the comfort of his company.

After a while, Xingqiu adjusts himself better to continue reading, and Chongyun opens his eyes tiredly and blushes upon seeing Xingqiu (and more specifically), his eyes.

He'd always liked Xingqiu's eyes since unlike his own that matched his hair in color, they were bright and amber, and highlighted the golds and yellows in the rest of his outfit down to the earring swinging back and forth when he moved to speak.

He can feel warmth creep up his cheeks as it blossoms in his chest and makes him feel the need to comment on it, and in his tired daze he does so without thinking.

"Your eyes are so pretty Xingqiu." He murmurs, blinking the sleep from his eyes just as Xingqiu stops in the middle of his sentence, blinks a few times, and looks down at Chongyun in bewilderment.

They share a few seconds of uncomfortably long silence where Chongyun finally pulls himself out of his fatigue enough to realize what he just said and he blushes without thinking.

"What did you say?" Xingqiu asks him quietly, and his shock is written all over his face.

Chongyun doesn't know if he's just asking to make sure he heard him right or if he genuinely didn't hear, but he hopes for the latter.

"N-nothing. It wasn't important." Chongyun swallows.

"You said something about my eyes. What was it?" Xingqiu repeats.

"So he did hear me." Chongyun mentally curses before he starts to become increasingly aware of his position on Xingqiu's lap, and the closeness and situation as a whole makes his face crawl with even more uncomfortable warmth.

"I-I said that they were pretty. Sorry, I should have thought before I spoke." Chongyun responds quietly, his eye contact with him wavering.

"It's quite alright, but..." Xingqiu moves his hands through Chongyun's hair a little as distraction, and Chongyun starts to see the pink tinting his friend's cheeks. "You meant it, right?"

It'd be more amusing to see Xingqiu losing composure if Chongyun wasn't in the hot seat for potential teasing.

"Yeah." Chongyun nearly whispers, trying to quietly bury himself in his hoodie so the fabric can engulf him in darkness. It doesn't work, but it was better than just sitting here.

"Well, I um..." Xingqiu averts his eyes and tucks his hair behind his ear, revealing more of the widespread blush. "I appreciate the compliment."

"Really?" Chongyun asks in surprise. No teasing? None at all? And most importantly, he liked it?