69 - Morning People

Chongyun was a morning person. Always had been, always would be.

His boyfriend, however, as he would soon find out, was not.

Definitely not.

Chongyun woke up to Xingqiu clinging to his side, his chin resting on top of his head and his arms tangled around his chest.

"Good morning Xingqiu." He hums, leaning his head back a bit into his neck.

"Mmm. G'morning." Xingqiu mumbles in a voice laced with sleep.

Chongyun moves to sit up and climb out of bed, ready to start his day, when Xingqiu does something unexpected.

His grabs him by the waist and whines.

"Waiiit, are you leaviiing?" Xingqiu whines, just barely opening his eyes so slits of amber can look at Chongyun through a thick cover of fatigue.

"I'm just getting out of bed. I'm not leaving your house." Chongyun reassures him. A deep crimson settles in on his face as he glances at Xingqiu's delicate fingers squeezing his sides, the black and white nail polish he was wearing chipped from having it on for a few weeks.

"But I want you to stay in bed with meeeee!" He says louder, this time burying his head into the small of his back.

Chongyun instantly blushes harder and notices how Xingqiu squeezes him tighter.

At this point, Xingqiu clearly has him beat. The hugging, the tone of voice, the close contact-

Obviously Chongyun knew he was outmatched.

And yet, because he had known Xingqiu for an incredibly long time, he knew a few of his weaknesses.

Twisting his body out of Xingqiu's grasp, he quickly turns around while the other is disoriented and places a kiss on his cheek.

"I was gonna go make breakfast, but I guess if you really want I can stay here." Chongyun says, kissing his cheek again.

He notices how Xingqiu's eyes open just a little more and his eyebrows raise just a tad, and he prays that he can pull this off.

After all, it's kinda fun.

"You were gonna make me food?" Xingqiu questions him while his cheeks tint pink.

"Mmhmm. And I was thinking we could have tea and read that one novel series you keep talking about after." Chongyun kisses him again.

This time, Xingqiu's clearly intrigued by this idea, and his face is aflame from his promises.

He wraps his arms around him and buries his head in the crook of Chongyun's neck, clearly embarrassed.

"I guess I could get up now then..." he mumbles. Chongyun smiles, leaning his head against his.

"Good. I wouldn't want to get up without you."

**********************************************

Guess who got the first three volumes of Heaven Official's Blessing

I'm so excited to read them aichicenodrhdiwkdn-

Written: May 6th, 2023

Finished/Published: May 9th, 2023

(Word Count: 457)