16 - Forgetful

I'm gonna try and post a bunch more this week as celebration for 2k 👍 also I'll try and post chapter 4 of my other Xingyun fic cause I've been falling a bit behind on that one

His red eyes gazed upon his friend's brilliant green ones.
"Can I... kiss, you?"
Slowly nodding his head, his companion closed his eyes and waited for contact.
Sitting close enough that he could admire every feature, the red-eyed boy finally-

"Xingqiu!"

His boyfriend took the book he was reading from his hands and bookmarked the page, holding it firmly with his hands in his hips, and standing up from his chair.

"I was just getting to the best part! C'mon, give it back!" The hydro user shouted, reaching for the book across the table. Even with them being practically the same height, Chongyun was still able to keep it out of his reach.

"Not yet, we need to talk about something." He explained firmly and held the book even higher on his tiptoes.

"About what?" Xingqiu asked, backing down. He didn't like where this was going.

"I've noticed how whenever we go out to eat, half the time you're so into your novel that you barely consume anything. I think we need to figure something out here."

"What? That doesn't happen." Xingqiu protested and crossed his arms.

Chongyu gestured to the untouched plate of food in front of Xingqiu, to which he laughed guiltily.

"W-well, I was going to partake, but right after I finish this chapter! It's at the best part where-"

"No. Eat first." Chongyun stated, sitting back down.

"But Chongyuuuuun, that not fair!" He whined, laying his head on the table and his cheek squishing against the surface. Chongyun always noticed how much different Xingqiu was when his family wasn't around, and even more so when it was just the two of them.

"It is, and you know it. Here, I'll even help you if you hate it that much."

Chongyun reached over the table to grab Xingqiu's chopsticks and gather some of the food on it before holding it out for the other to eat.

"Oh? Yun being romantic? You know I can't refuse. *sigh*, you know me far too well, my liege." He sighed happily before eating from the chopsticks. "Thank you. I'll put my literary tendencies aside for now and eat."

He took back his utensils and used them for himself, filling up his empty stomach.

Chongyun kept the book to himself and held it safely in his lap where Xingqiu couldn't easily get it.

At least this way he could have his undivided attention.

**********************************************

Hey can you guess who the people in Xingqiu's book are-

Written: May 18, 2022

Finished/Published: May 23, 2022

(Word Count: 462)