20 - Jaw Dropping (part 1)

"Xiangling you don't understand, he was jaw dropping. The most beautiful person I have ever seen."

Xiangling paused the show she was watching to stare at him unamused. "Xingqiu, you say that about every new guy you tell me about. Just a few weeks ago you told me there was this super cute guy you met on your way to your sword fighting lessons."

"Xiangling, this is different! I actually got his number." He slid next to her on the couch and showed her a new contact in his phone titled Chongyun🤍.

"Woah, really? Alright, you have my attention." She grinned.

"Okay, so it all started this morning..."

*********************************************

"Oh no, no, no, I'm gonna be late!" Xingqiu tore open his umbrella and ran out of his apartment building and sped downtown. He was going to be late if he didn't run to work, but the rain was making it difficult for him.

After speeding down the sidewalk and passing many of the decorative shops, his work building came into view.

He smiled in relief before tripping and crashing down into a puddle on the sidewalk. "O-ow..." he groaned in pain. His elbows and knees stung from the fall, and he noticed his umbrella tumbling down the sidewalk.

"My umbrella!" He shouted, reaching out for it before realizing how badly his knees hurt and collapsing back down.

The jingle of the shop bell of the building next to him rung as a boy rushed out of the building and chased after his umbrella, snatching it off the ground. The boy who had chased after it carried it over to Xingqiu and shielded him from the rain with it, offering his hand.

"The rain always makes the sidewalks unpleasant, but I've never seen someone fall victim to it." He helped Xingqiu up off the ground and passed him his umbrella.

As soon as Xingqiu saw his face, he froze. He had icy blue hair that looked soft to the touch and piercing blue eyes that captured his attention, easily making him attractive in Xingqiu's book.

This guy was, without a doubt, jaw dropping. Xingqiu had to blink a few times to remind himself that this guy was real and to get himself back in the situation.

"Thank you-"

Another shot of pain went through his leg when he stood up, and he fell against the icy haired boy, wrapping his arms around his back.

"S-sorry, my leg still hurts quite badly." He said loudly, quickly pulling away from him with a bright red face.

The boy chuckled and smiled at him, opening the shop door for them both. "I could get you some bandages if it'll help."

Xingqiu nodded and followed him inside, the bell ringing when he entered.

Walking slowly because of his leg, he noticed the lovely arrangements of flowers everywhere, ranging every colour of the rainbow. He even noted one particular flower that caught his eye.

"You have silk flowers? Those are my favorite! I rarely see them anywhere nowadays."

"Yes, though we don't sell very many. They aren't that popular. Cecelias sell out every time we get more though. I'm glad you like them."

He led him into a back room and motioned for him to sit down while he got out the first aid kit and took out some bandages.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" The boy asked, kneeling on the ground and unraveling the bandages.

"Xingqiu, my name is Xingqiu. I work at that big building down the road, and I am definitely going to get an earful about being late." He told him.

"Oh, I didn't realize I was making you late! I'm sorry." The boy apologized.