71 - My love needs no sound (only the palm of your hand)

Chongyun heaves a heavy sigh as he bites into one of his popsicles, his face falling in the same way it always did after the heat got to him.

"I really should have brought my parasol today..." he mumbles to himself, fiddling with the wooden stick in between his thumb and index finger after he's bitten down to the very last bite.

"Oh? Why I think it's rather lovely outside." Xingqiu smiles, soaking up the blazing rays of the afternoon sun.

Chongyun looks at him in mild annoyance and scoffs. "Yeah, you do. I can't enjoy the heat."

Xingqiu giggles at his complaints and leans in closer to the exorcist. "It can't be all bad, right? At least you get to hang out with me all day!"

"I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse sometimes..."

Xingqiu places a hand over his heart as if he were truly offended and falls on Chongyun's shoulder.

Or at least, he had tried to fall on Chongyun's shoulder.

Rather than stop there though, he misses entirely and falls with his back towards the ground in front of him, where luckily Chongyun's quick reflexes save him from hurting himself (or at the very least, dirtying his overcoat).

Chongyun keeps a hand on the small of Xingqiu's back and a firm hold on his thigh, looking at him with genuine concern.

"Woah, Good thing I caught you." He sighs in relief.

"Yes indeed. I'd say I owe you quite a sum - perhaps my life, even! However can I repay you?" Xingqiu asks him, continuing his little act while he places a hand to his own cheek.

"You don't need to do that. I was just making sure you didn't hurt yourself." Chongyun shakes his head adamantly.

"No no, I insist! There simply must be something your heart desires of me. Perhaps-"

Xingqiu's face contorts to a smirk that Chongyun has seen all to often as he leans in closer and lowers his voice. "...something you can't normally ask of me?"

"What are you implying, Xingqiu?" Chongyun huffs. His face takes on a mild pink hue, and Xingqiu internally cheers for himself for successfully making him blush.

"I don't know. That's why I'm asking you." He shrugs, his innocent smile quickly back in its place.

Chongyun sets Xingqiu back up straight so he's standing on his own while he folds his arms and taps his foot against the dirt.

"What do I want from you...nothing I guess..." he mutters to himself. Xingqiu wonders if he knows he can hear him out loud but decides not to comment on it.

"Oh." Chongyun snaps his fingers before looking at Xingqiu blankly. "You can hold my hand."

Xingqiu stares at the gloved arm he quickly extends and looks at Chongyun as if he were asking him to eat a bowl of carrots that very moment in time.

"You want me to...to what?" Xingqiu questions him in utter defeat, at a complete loss for words.

There's no way in Teyvat the Chongyun had just asked him to do that. He was surely messing with him, right?

"I want you to hold my hand." Chongyun repeats, as if he were just asking him to do any ordinary, menial task. "You said I could ask you to do anything, and I want you to hold my hand."

"Yeah, but...why?"

Chongyun looks at him like he's lost his mind before he goes, "Because I've always wanted you to."