112 - Through Lips, and Love, and Clumsy Kisses

Xingqiu new outfit requested by @kawaiiyone

Chongyun tosses his bare popsicle stick on the table, not a morsel or drop of the treat left.

Xingqiu looks up lazily from his book, his eyes half lidded in amusement, the orange-yellow gleaming in the sun, like the rest of the shiny golds on his new outfit.

Chongyun huffs in annoyance, more so chastising himself for already getting flustered when he hasn't even said a word yet.

"You win. The lead was false." Chongyun says flatly.

Xingqiu quirks an eyebrow in question and sets his book aside, frowning and sticking his lip out a little like he always does when he's thinking.

Chongyun notices that Xingqiu's wearing a little different makeup than usual for his new apparel, mostly shown by the reddish tint to his lips from a swatch of lipstick he'd asked for Chongyun's opinion on weeks prior.

He remembers Xingqiu had made him go through nearly five different colors and make him give a reason as to his vote or veto on all of them (even if to Chongyun they all looked the same,) but it appears he'd chosen one of the duller red ones, and while Chongyun can't tell if it's the one he'd picked, he certainly wouldn't doubt it.

Xingqiu puts a finger to his lips before pulling it back in remembrance of the makeup, gently rubbing the color off on a napkin and shaking his head. "I don't recall such a win-lose situation between us, Chongyun."

Chongyun reddens a little at this admittance, because how could he not?

Right after Xingqiu had made him go through the colors, he'd proceeded to try on one of the samples, and asked Chongyun if he could apply it for him because, quote, 'Archons, you expect me to apply my own makeup without a mirror? I could be a mess and have no idea!'

Chongyun had begrudgingly accepted his request (begrudgingly, only because he was highly embarrassed that he was getting so close and focused on his lips, and he could feel his cheeks getting hot), and Xingqiu had leaned forward and closed his eyes, and Chongyun felt like his brain was completely shutting down.

Xingqiu had the prettiest complexion, features, expressions - all of it. His eyelashes are long and a nice darker contrast over his bright eyes (which Chongyun swears he only noticed because his own eyelashes are a light blue and just match his eyes,) and his lips are somehow the perfect shape he doubts Xingqiu needs a mirror, and his cheeks and nose are slightly rosy and his eyebrows are turned up in amusement.

Xingqiu had leaned towards him with his hands on his knees and pouting his lips so Chongyun could put the lipstick on, and honestly Chongyun would never understand how Xingqiu felt so confident getting flirty with him in public despite his image.

He imagines it's because, 'If my father or brother aren't there, I needn't worry of their opinions' as he'd put it before, but it still makes him blush and his breath quicken.

And the worst part is, he knows Xingqiu is flirting with him. He's been doing it for like a year now. He's just embarrassed of the fact it's taken him so long to notice it, and that even now he second guesses himself on whether Xingqiu is doing it on purpose or not.

So he'd shakily brought his hand up to gently hold his face, squishing his cheeks between his thumb and index finger on one hand and holding the lipstick with the other, Xingqiu's chin resting in his palm.

He'd brought the tip of the lipstick toward the center of his bottom lip (is that where you're supposed to start? He still doesn't know) and gently drug it to the left corner of his mouth, watching Xingqiu keep up his poker face with painstaking accuracy even when Chongyun went too far and got a good smudge of lipstick on the skin around his mouth.