115 - Heal My Wounds (Like a Chivalric Hero Does)

Oh my gosh I thought it'd only been a month, I didn't know it's been 2 months since I uploaded I'm sorry 😭

I'm trying to upload at least once a month, so I'll get another oneshot finished before the end of July to make up for June

Also WHERE ON EARTH ARE XINGQIU AND CHONGYUN IN GENSHIN???? They haven't been in any events for so long, I miss them 😭

Personally I have my own vision of like a Chongyun-centered event where basically he goes to Inazuma because someone has been dealing with evil spirits and can't find an exorcist to get rid of them and they reached out to him after hearing about his Yang energy, and Xingqiu comes with because he wants to look at all the books they have and also cause he wants to tag along, and Chongyun gets a new outfit- like how cool would that be? 😭

Or maybe he goes to Fontaine so he can have an outfit that matches Xingqiu's more- either way I miss them both, at this point I'm just waiting for their birthday art 🥲

-

Chongyun pulls out a bar stool in front of Wanmin Restaurant with little more than a grunt as he waits for Xiangling to come back, melting at the immediate relief the shade of the awning provides and leaning in further on the counter to escape the violent heat of the summer Liyue sun.

He tugs at his gloves, pulling them down just above his elbows and loosening the bandages on his right arm so they aren't as restricting, gaining a wince from him as the fabric brushes against the fresh cuts and scrapes littering his skin.

He frowns at the physical signs of his scrap with a particularly larger amount of monsters he'd been informed he'd have to deal with on his commission, eventually thinking to hell with it and taking his gauntlet off his wrist, setting it on the counter with a soft clunk while he tiredly pulls off his gloves.

Xiangling comes bouncing around the corner moments later, Guoba at her heel and waddling into the kitchen after her while she sets aside a large tray presumably used to carry multiple plates before she catches sight of Chongyun and gives him a big smile and a handful of wrapped up popsicles from the freezer.

"Back from that commission?" She asks, watching him set his gloves untidily on the counter surface before opening a popsicle and shoving it in his mouth, immediately sighing in relief and quickly eating it down to the last drop.

"Mhm." He responds, turning the popsicle stick over between his fingers before setting it on the wrapper and reaching for another. "I was asked to remove a hilichurl camp because it was causing trouble for people trying to take the path to Quince Village, but the camp was a lot bigger than described."

He takes another bite followed by a deep breath, his expression getting calmer and his foot tapping against the lower rung in the bar stool slowing to a barely audible tapping. "Normally it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but for a hot day like this it was a lot more strenuous fighting than I could handle. I ended up taking a few more injuries than I would have liked..."

Chongyun sighs and mumbles to himself while Xiangling studies him, catching sight of the bare bit of blood seeping through the perfect white of his clothes near his side, as well as the numerous little scrapes across his arms.

"Are you gonna go get them checked out? You can take the popsicles, there's no need to pay." She says, pushing the pile towards him even when he frowns guiltily.

Even in a condition like this, when he's clearly not feeling his best between the injuries and the sheer force of the sun on his body and his condition, he still feels bad for not immediately reimbursing his friend.