76 - Snow Angel

Chongyun had been anticipating the day when he and Xingqiu were set to go to DragonSpine together. Nothing sounded better than the bitter cold biting his cheeks and cold wind brushing through his hair - aside from Xingqiu accompanying him, that is.

"Thank goodness I was warned in advance, otherwise I would already be frozen solid!" Xingqiu musters a smile despite the growing cold while his words come out in cold puffs.

"If it gets too cold for you let me know, we can go warm up just off of DragonSpine. You'll probably be the only one warming up though." Chongyun comments back.

The thick snow crunches underfoot while they head further into the snowy landscape, and just when they get over a little hill, Xingqiu's eyes widen in delight.

There was a fresh patch of fallen snow before them, pristine and untouched and just waiting for someone to utilize it.

"Let's go make snow angels!" Xingqiu yells while he grabs Chongyun's wrist. He yells in surprise as he trudges after Xingqiu through the thick snow, his cheeks getting rosier than usual.

"What's a snow angel?"

Xingqiu turns around and let's go of his wrist, throwing his arms out and falling back to let the pillowy snow break his fall. He moves his arms and legs back and forth, moving the snow around with a big smile on his face before jumping back up and presenting his work of art.

"That's a snow angel! And a mighty fine one at that if I do say so myself." Xingqiu laughs, shaking snow from his hair so it falls around him amongst the other snowflakes from the sky.

"Its that easy?" Chongyun tilts his head before sitting down and resting his back against the ground. He copies what Xingqiu had been doing to the best of his memory while the other towers over him, just barely blocking the sun from view to create a glowing aura around him.

"You bet. I think yours is gonna turn out pretty well, too! Might be even nicer than mine." Xingqiu places a hand over his heart while Chongyun stands up.

They both look down at the two snow angels side by side, vibrant blushes not from the cold gracing their cheeks.

"...On second thought, I don't know if they look like angels like the name suggests." Xingqiu says out loud. "Maybe more like butterflies."

"Should we do it again?" Chongyun looks to him.

"Sure. Whoever gets theirs to look more like an angel wins!"

Xingqiu finds a fresh patch of snow and lays down in it and Chongyun does the same beside him, and both of them get to work on their snow angels.

"There! I think I'm done." Xingqiu sits up, looking down at the other boy.

"Me too. But I don't know if I won..."

Xingqiu hums in contemplation before scooting over a little bit and smiling at him gently. "You definitely won."

"But you haven't even seen it yet?" Chongyun sits up to look at him skeptically, their faces a little closer together now.

"It's not necessary when the one making it is already an angel." Xingqiu looks at him softly, blushing a little more.

"An...angel?" Chongyun's voice gets a bit high while butterflies rise in his stomach. "Me?"

"Yeah." He nods, brushing away snowflakes from Chongyun's face and leaning closer. "You're such an angel, I..."

His lips brush against Chongyun's right before he jumps back when the sudden warmth brings him back to reality, his face burning scarlet.

"Th-that was inappropriate of me! I shouldn't have tried to kiss you like that, especially since we're friends, and friends don't do that sort of thing, y'know?" He laughs nervously, his voice fluctuating randomly between high and low octaves.