27 - First Meeting

Many years ago:

What young Chongyun had expected when he came to his usual training area was the nice, tall tree for him to keep cool under that was decorated with apples hanging from its high branches. Sure, the occasional few that'd fall to the ground that he'd have to dispose of so as to keep his area tidy, but not this.

"Oh, hello there! Is this your apple tree?"

The shocking sight was a little boy that looked to be about his age, cautiously hanging from a high branch while nonchalantly talking with him, and it seemed he had something to do with the apple tree.

"No. I just come here to train. Do you need help getting down?" He asked, setting aside his claymore.

The other boy looked up at the apples that were just out of reach and pouted before sighing and turning his gaze to Chongyun. "Yes, please."

Chongyun stood underneath him and motioned for him to jump down. The boy nodded and let go of the branch and let him cushion his fall before being set on the ground.

"Thank you. I went walking when I saw this tree and wanted to take an apple, but it seems I'll have to try again when I'm tall enough." He sighed, grabbing a book nearby that must've been his.

"Well, since you came all the way out here, I can walk you back! I'm Chongyun, by the way." Chongyun told him, holding his hand out shyly.

"I'm Xingqiu!" The other boy smiled, shaking his hand.

The two walked back to Xingqiu's house while telling each other more about themselves, finding that they enjoyed each other's company. By the time it was time to part ways, they both hoped they'd get to see each other again and hang out more.

Heading back to his training spot and resting in the shade, Chongyun gazed up at the bright red apples overhead, an idea forming.

**********************************************

"Xingqiu, you have a friend here!" Xingqiu's older brother yelled from the doorway.

Xingqiu came running to see who it was, surprised to see the same boy from a few days ago.

"He says he has a gift for you." His brother said before turning to go somewhere else in the house.

"What gift?" Xingqiu asked Chongyun excitedly.

"Well, um..." Chongyun gently took out an apple from behind his back that he'd been hiding from view. "You said you wanted one of the apples from the tree, so I got one for you."

Xingqiu took the apple from him and gave him a big hug. "Thank you so much Chongyun! Oh, how about we share it?" He suggested.

"Really?"

"Yeah! We can split it in half! C'mon, let's go to my kitchen!"

Xingqiu pulled Chongyun inside the house, holding his hand with one and the apple with the other.

Little did he know that this would kick off a friendship between the two for years to come, and something more after that.

**********************************************

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I'm just kinda low on motivation right now so I sat down and had myself write this to try and get motivated again.

Hope you enjoyed!

Written: July 18, 2022

Finished/Published: July 20, 2022

(Word Count: 542)