56 - Hairdryers and Hairclips

Xingqiu hears the familiar sound of the water faucet in the shower shutting off, and in the following minutes his boyfriend steps out to the bathroom in a clean sleeveless turtleneck and shorts he borrowed from him.

Despite seeing his boyfriend's hair after the shower numerous times, it never failed to make him sad at how his curls always disappeared from the water.

He gets up from the bed in Chongyun's bedroom that's connected to the bathroom and grabs the hairdryer, as well as a hidden handful of colorful hair clips and pins that he tucks into his pocket.

"Hey Yun, do you mind if I dry your hair for you?" He asks, coming back with his items.

"Not at all. Actually, that sounds really nice." Chongyun's smiles, wiping away water on his face with the towel around his shoulders.

"Great! Come sit over here while I plug in the hairdryer."

Chongyun sits against the bed with his head against the mattress while Xingqiu plugs the hairdryer in before sitting on the bed above him and dangling his legs on either side of him.

Switching it on, he grabs a brush and starts combing through his blue locks, and with the help of the hair dryer, he brings back Chongyun's curls that decorate his head.

"How's that?" Xingqiu asks, sitting up straight and handing Chongyun a handheld mirror to see himself in.

"It feels good! Maybe you should do my hair all the time." Chongyun smiles while Xingqiu blushes at his compliment.

"Well if you want, I can keep messing with it." He says, running his hands through his hair up the base of his neck, and he doesn't fail to notice how he shivers.

"That's fine with me."

Xingqiu happily takes the hair ties and clips out of his pocket, and begins fashioning Chongyun's hair up into different hairstyles he can manage with it.

It's not long though before Chongyun notices the time and hurriedly grabs his sweatshirt and normal clothes, giving Xingqiu a kiss goodbye and leaving his hair the way Xingqiu had made it without realizes it.

"Oh well." Xingqiu sighs putting the hairdryer back and grabbing his things. "I'm sure he'll figure it out sooner or later."

-

Chongyun rushes through the streets of Liyue on his way to Wanmin restaurant, hoping that Xiangling wouldn't mind him being a little late to pick up his popsicles.

"Xiangling? I'm here for my popsicles." He says, approaching the restaurant and peering into the kitchen.

"I'll be right there!" Xiangling calls back before going to grab his food from the cooler.

"Here, I made them just last ni-" she stops and blinks at him for a second before trying to mask her laughter. "Who uh-who did your hair this morning Chongyun?"

"Xingqiu did. Why, did he do something weird with it?" Chongyun sighs. While he did love him, he couldn't seem to escape his antics.

"He gave you a new hairstyle, that's for sure. I can show you if you want." She giggles, bringing him back into the kitchen and to a mirror hanging on the wall.

Chongyun stares back at his reflection, blushing at the two pigtails adorning his head tied back with white flower hair ties.

Chongyun sighs while he takes his hair out of the hair ties, already plotting his eventual future chat with Xingqiu."I'm definitely getting back at him for this..."

**********************************************

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENNETT!!!

Written: February 28th, 2023

Finished/Published: February 28th, 2023

(Word Count: 582)