25 - Jaw Dropping First Date (part 2)

Here's part 2 requested by the_grandqueen

"XIANGLING XIANGLING XIANGLING!"

The girl in question sleepily looked up from her breakfast to the stairs, where her roommate Xingqiu barely made it down without tripping.

"Yeah?" She asked tiredly.

"Guess what!" He said excitedly, setting his phone screen up on the table so she could read the text messages on it.

"What?"

"Read the texts!"

Xiangling pushed her plate away to closely examine the texts and scroll down to read the most recent ones as well.

Chongyun🤍

Good morning Chongyun! :)

Good morning Xingqiu. Did you sleep well?

But of course. What with the silk flowers you gave me recently, I've been able to sleep peacefully!

I'm glad you like them. You can stop by sometime and I can give you more.

I'll be sure to do so later today after work. I'm excited to see you! :))

"Xingqiu, I don't want to read you and the flower shop guy flirting over the phone at 7 a.m." Xiangling told him flatly, looking up from the phone.

"Just wait, keep reading!"

So am I. By the way, I had something I wanted to ask you...

Oh? And what may that be?

I was wondering, only if you want to of course, if you'd like to go see a movie with me this weekend? Just the two of us?

Sure! Did you need someone to come with you?

Well, not exactly. I was thinking it could be more like a date. But only if you want to.

Xiangling's mouth fell open at the last text from Chongyun before looking up at Xingqiu, whose face was bright pink.

"XINGQIU HE LIKES YOU!" She shouted, shaking him by the shoulders.

"WAIT, REALLY?!" He shouted back.

"YEAH!"

Ping!

Both of them looked down at Xingqiu's phone, only Xiangling being able to read it because it was facing her.

Xingqiu?

"You didn't text him back right away?!" She whispered frantically, as if Chongyun could hear her through the phone.

"That's why I told you! So you could help me reply!" He whispered anxiously.

"Okay okay okay, let's see..."

Xiangling took the phone and typed up a reply, showing it to Xingqiu for approval before sending it.