90 - Silly Arguement

"Hmmm, is it just Paimon, or does it seem like it's been pretty quiet today?" Paimon asks, looking up at the Traveler.

"I like it." Aether says. "For once, there's no one yelling-"

"Traveler Traveler!"

"I stand corrected." Aether sighs, looking over to the boy in question who called for him.

"Traveler, we need you settle an argument for us." Xingqiu folds his arms and looks at his companions sternly.

"Yes, tell Xingqiu that I should confess first." Chongyun shoots him a look back.

"Wait...what?" Aether looks between the two bickering boys before Xiangling come up with their food and a heavy sigh on her lips.

"They've been arguing about this all morning. When they came to me, I told them I was busy with the restaurant, because I didn't want to get in the middle of such a ridiculous argument." She shook her head.

"What is it? Paimon still doesn't even know what happened!" Paimon throws her arms out.

"Chongyun and I were having a little chat this morning when the topic of confessions was brought up, and we both said that we wanted to confess to each other." Xingqiu explains.

"Now we can't agree on who should get to, even though I should." Chongyun glares at Xingqiu.

"No way! It should be me!"

"But you're always initiating everything we do!"

"That doesn't-!"

"Wait wait wait, so you both already know that you like each other, but you're still arguing about who should confess?" Paimon shakes her head from the situation. "You both came around to the topic of confessions and just accepted that you liked each other, so technically neither of you confessed but there was already a confession!"

Xingqiu's eyes widen and he looks over at Chongyun in shock, embarrassment quickly coming to settle on his cheeks. "We did do that, didn't we?"

"Yeah..." Chongyun blushes, toying with his bangs.

"I'm incredibly sorry my liege, I shouldn't have started arguing with you."

"I'm sorry too, we didn't need to argue over this."

"Should we have a redo then? I'd like to take you out for dinner this weekend and give you a proper confession." Xingqiu smiles.

"Only if I can take you to the bookstore afterwards. I want to properly confess too." Chongyun takes his hand.

"It's settled then! Let's go make plans, shall we?" Xingqiu squeezes his hand and the two leave, already over their argument and chatting away.

"Whew, that was...something." Paimon shakes her head. "Paimon doesn't think we know any couple in Teyvat that would get into such a weird argument, but...here we are."

"They're always doing stuff like this. Next thing you know, it'll be who should kiss the other first even thought they've already kissed before. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they have..." Xiangling shakes her head and walks off with Guoba not far behind.

"Well now that that's over, we can finally eat, right Travele-"

Paimon watches in horror as the Traveler finishes their food and wipes their mouth with their napkin.

"Y-you're done already? But Paimon hasn't even started yet! Paimon was helped Chongyun and Xingqiu even though they called for you!" She crosses her arms and hmphs.

"I'll buy you dessert afterwards. How does that sound?" Aether suggests.

"Hmmm...okay! Paimon forgives you." Paimon giggles.

**********************************************

Written: Oct. 2nd, 2023

Finished/Published: Oct. 2nd, 2023

(Word Count: 563)