Chapter 62

Marc

Chaos would be an understatement.

I have no idea what we all exactly just witnessed, but it's definitely going in the book of weirdness that seems to follow wildfire. When the Priestess vanished, Avery passed out, dropping like a ragdoll as North caught her. Axel, Raven, and I had made excuses and helped clear out the guests while the guys had taken Avery into the house and away from prying eyes.

I groaned as a cab pulled into the driveway. Just what we needed, another guest. I approached the car and stopped in my tracks when the door opened and Corey's confused eyes met mine. "Marc?"

"Corey? What, where, how the hell did you get here?" I stumbled over my words in complete shock.

He leaned in the window, paying the driver, then grabbed a shoulder bag and came closer, "Good to see you too," he smirked, "and if you didn't notice I came in a cab. Now, it's my turn. What the fuck is this all about," he growled and shoved a letter in my hands."

I looked at the shaky handwriting and shook my head, "I have no idea. Who sent it?"

"Really Marc. What the fuck kind of sick game are you playing here?"

"Corey?" Raven's voice came from behind us. Corey instantly stiffened, sucking in a sharp breath. "What has happened? Are you okay?"

Corey gave a sharp laugh, "I'd like to know the same thing. One minute I'm following a damn lead on Brandon, the next I'm getting this urgent letter demanding I show up here because they know how to find my brother. Imagine my surprise when I pull up in the drive and see Marc instead." His face was twisted in rage, "If you know where he is, please just tell me, otherwise, stop fucking with my life!"

Owen came storming out of the house, "I don't know what the hell is going on here, but my wife isn't well so if you could keep your damn argument down, I would appreciate it."

Corey's eyes were bulging. "Owen...wife, fuck what is going on..."

"Corey, please stay," Raven said softly. "Let us help you figure this out. A lot of odd things have happened today and this is another. Maybe it's all related."

Reluctantly, he agreed and we led him into the house. He looked around seeing the decorations and the still intact wedding cake on the table. "Did I just crash Owen's wedding?" he asked.

"No, you arrived after spirits, witches, or something like that crashed the wedding," Axel said as he came into the room.

"That doesn't make any sense, Axel."

"Yeah, well, welcome to Ireland, Corey. None of it makes sense," Ax snorted and handed him a glass of punch. "So fill us in on what exactly happened."

Nate

My hands were shaking worse than when I went through detox. What the hell had just happened?

Gabe pressed a cup of water into my hand, "Drink it. The last thing I need is you spiraling."

"I didn't drink anything, Gabe. I'm just...fuck, I don't even know what I am."

"Yeah, tell me about it. One minute I'm getting married, then the next my dead mother is hugging me as she congratulates me and tells me she loves me before vanishing," Gabe groaned. "I'm guessing you saw someone too?"

I nodded, "My mom."

"Me too," Silas said, his eyes still damp with tears, "and my little sister."

"Fiona," Luke whispered, "Erin saw her too."

"My mother," Owen added.

"Mine too, but not my adoptive one, my birth mother," Sean choked. "She begged for my forgiveness and told me she never meant to hurt me, but her addiction made her abandon me."

"I saw mine and Luke's mom," North said softly.

"My grandmother," Victor said.

I looked toward Kota who was frowning. "Who did you see?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "I...I don't know. I mean I saw someone, but I don't understand who she was."

"Did she say anything?" Sean asked.

Kota looked up, his expression pained, "Don't open the gate."

"What fucking ..." Gabe started to say when an ear-shattering scream came from Avery's room, making all of us run.

She was sitting up, head thrown back, screaming. It was the same piercing scream we had heard in the hospital that day. Sean and Owen tried to hold her down, but she pushed them away.

"What the hell is happening," a voice yelled from the door. I turned around to see Corey standing in front of Axel as he tried to pull him away. "What's wrong with her?"

Avery stopped screaming and looked straight at him. Her eyes were pitch black and it sent shivers down my spine, but when she spoke my heart filled with dread. "Go now! Killybegs harbor...don't let him get on the boat, Corey. Don't let him die." Then she fell to the bed as if nothing had happened.

"How the hell did she know my name and what is she talking about?" Corey hissed.

"No time," I said. "Come on, we need to go now." Silas, Raven, and Axel followed as I grabbed his arm and practically dragged him into the car. Axel pulled up the GPS and I started driving faster than I'd ever gone in my life praying we weren't too late.

Author's Notes: I guess I'm going down this rabbit hole as well, my lovelies.  This was not in the plan for the story, but eh, we'll see where it leads!