Chapter 89

Sean

"What do you mean she got in the water?" I gaped at Marc. When she had taken off, he had teleported, trying to follow her.

"Like I said, she was by this weird-looking pond and then climbed on a freaking horse. The thing sank under the water with her and they were gone."

Kota frowned, "Do you mean something like this?" He held up a book with an image of a water horse. "Man, that's not good," he muttered when Marc confirmed the image. "That's a damn Kelpie. Those things are vicious. They drown people."

"What!" I yelled.

"Ahem, excuse me, but I didn't drown anyone," a male voice said from behind us. "I would never harm My Lady Banshee."

We all looked at the man who was dripping with water and appeared to be very ill. "Who the fuck are you?" Kota snapped.

"I would be the Kelpie, sir," the man retorted. "This is my human form. The Lady needs to rest. Master Serpent unlocked her darkness. She will be quite tired for a bit."

"Wait, wait, hold up a damn minute, what do you mean he unlocked her darkness, and who the fuck is Master Serpent. Just what the hell is going on here?" Nate growled.

"Ahh, the cú sídhe," the man bowed his head, "It is an honor and a privilege to meet you."

"I don't know who the hell you are, but I have a name, man," Nate snapped.

The guy held up his hand, "I am aware, but as I have instructed the Lady, you all need to remember that names have power. This isn't the mortal realm and giving your true names can trap you in ways you aren't equipped to handle. Stick to your titles."

"Titles?" Brandon asked.

The man placed Avery in my arms, "Yes. Each of you has a role. You and this one are prophets." He pointed to Brandon and Silas, then turned to Axel. "He is the seer, and you are a healer both human and magical," he said to me. "Ahh, interesting light Fae. An honor, sirs," he bowed to Corey and Raven. "Although not quite the same. The large one is Tuatha Dé Danann, and you, well you are Seelie Fae." He looked around the room eyeing the rest as if studying us. He stopped in front of Owen and frowned, "You are shadow touched just as he is," he pointed to Gabe. "Yet yours is locked away. Perhaps you should visit Master Serpent as well." In true fashion, Owen didn't flinch and gave nothing away.

The man titled his head at Victor, "Another from the line of banshee. Not many males - you are rare indeed. And this one, I see great strength in you, but I cannot see your Fae. Hmmm, curious." Luke looked confused as he spoke about him. His eyes wandered to Marc, "Not quite a redcap, but something similar yet more docile, and you," he said looking at North. "You are a defender. Neither dark nor light Fae yet a mix - very odd."

Kota stood unflinching as the man approached him. He bowed low, "Greetings, Master Elf." The man smirked as he straightened, "Oh, the knowledge you have repressed. It will be most intriguing to see the transformation when it comes, sir." Kota simply nodded in response.

"Well, I should be off. Can't stray from my waters for too long, you know. The Lady will be tired as I said before."

"Wait, what did he do exactly?" I asked, noticing a rip in her blouse.

"Oh, he pierced her heart to allow the darkness in, then he gave her his venom through smoke." His tone was so matter-of-fact, yet all of us were choking on his statement. "She is unharmed, I assure you. Master Serpent would not harm her either. He was quite entertained by her. She learned much today and I'm sure she will impart it to all of you when she wakes." He turned toward the corridor she had run down earlier, then stopped and turned back. "Oh, the dragon and his bride will arrive soon. Their news will not be well received sadly. Fates change gentlemen. Second by second, they change." Then he simply vanished.

"What the actual fuck?" Gabe muttered, echoing what we were all thinking.

Author's Notes:  A bit of a hint of who and what they are all becoming or perhaps, have always been.

Please vote, share, follow, and comment!