Chapter 63

North

Avery pushed against my arm as I groaned, "What's wrong, baby?"

"Bathroom...I'm gonna be sick," she moaned. I scooped her up, making it to the bathroom just moments before she was vomiting in the toilet. I held her hair back, rubbing her back as Sean appeared in the doorway. He had a damp cloth and water. After several minutes, she finally leaned back against the wall, trying to catch her breath. She smiled at Sean as she took the water, sipping slowly. "Was it real?" she finally whispered. "Was she really there?"

"Who did you see, Itoshii?" he asked her.

"My Maimeó."

"We all saw someone different, love," Owen said from the doorway. "For some, it was their grandmothers or mothers. Luke and Erin saw Fiona. Kota was the only one who didn't know the spirit that spoke to him. Only that she gave him a message. She told him - don't open the gate, but we have no idea what that means."

"Baby, what did the Priestess say to you before she disappeared?" I asked her as I pressed the cloth to her forehead.

Her nose scrunched as she answered. "She said blessings, my lady. Was it just a blessing on our marriage?" Avery's eyes widened, "Oh feck...I ruined our wedding."

"How the hell did you ruin anything, Chaton? Whatever that was all about, it concerned all of us, not just you. Besides, the important part happened," he chuckled, "We're hitched."

"But what about the wedding night," she whined, then groaned and hunched over the toilet again."

"Oh shit," I heard Kota mutter. We waited for him to explain. He let out a sigh then smiled, "You're pregnant, Avery. Think back to the kidnapping. That crazy lady said her cycle was in seven to ten days. The night Nate and I stayed...it was in the window."

Gabe and Victor chuckled. "Yeah, we beat you to it the night before," Victor said. "You haven't had your period since then have you?"

She had just wiped her mouth and swallowed more water. "No, but I thought it was just stress over Sean being missing. Do you really think I'm pregnant?"

Sean stood up, "One way to find out." He left, returning a few minutes later with three boxes in his hands. We all chuckled as he shrugged, "What? Can't blame a guy for hoping and being prepared. I am a doctor, you know."

"Come on, baby," I helped her stand as she sighed. "Do you want us to step out or do you need one of us to stay?"

"Um, just one of you please," she said as her cheeks flushed.

"No worries, love. I'm sure having all of us watch you pee wasn't on the wedding night agenda," Luke chuckled. "We will wait out here and North will stay.' She nodded and they all stepped into the hallway.

I helped her pull down her panties and handed her the first test, then turned around so I wasn't staring at her. "Um, do you think I should take all of them?"

"Yes!" Sean answered her through the door, making her giggle.

I laughed with her and handed her the second test, then the third. Once she had pulled up her pants, I opened the door. The others practically fell into the bathroom. Avery sighed, "I'm kinda missing the shower at the rental house in Dublin right now. Oh feck, what about my presentation? I'm going to have to get back soon or I'll fail."

"You have two more weeks, plenty of time, Avery," Kota reassured her.

"Hey, where are Silas and Nathan?" she asked.

We all exchanged looks when Victor finally asked, "What's the last thing you remember?"

She frowned, "The priestess disappearing. Why, what did I miss?"

"You, well you did this scream thing and then told Corey to hurry and get to Killybegs Harbor and stop him from getting on the boat, then you collapsed again. Nate, Silas, Raven, and Axel took Corey to try and stop whatever might happen," Luke told her.

Her eyes were wide. "I did what...who is he?"

"Hopefully it's Brandon, Corey's twin, wildfire. Sorry to crash, but you guys are loud," Marc said as he joined our group.

"Killybegs is almost three hours away. How long have they been gone, have they called?" She was starting to panic as I pulled her into my lap.

"Shh, calm down, baby. I'm sure they've arrived by now. They will call when they find answers or Brandon." I stroked her hair as she began to relax against my chest. But when the timer buzzed, we all froze. "Do you want to look first?" I asked her.

"I...I can't," she said.

"How about Victor, Gabe, and Kota each look since those three of the most likely daddies of who is here," Sean suggested.

A grin took over her face, "That sounds fair." They each reached for a test, keeping the results window covered. Avery was squeezing my hand when she told them to look.

They all looked at the same time and began to laugh, showing us the results...

"Pregnant," Kota said.

"Pregnant," Victor echoed.

"Fucking pregnant," Gabe laughed.

Avery's hands flew to her stomach as she smiled, tears rolling down her cheeks. "We're having a baby," she whispered.

Author's Notes:  BTW...if you look at the timeline of the story, I did have their encounters line up in the seven to ten-day frame.  Welcome to me being a spectrum writer...  I create charts, timelines, and so much more for every story I write.  

Please vote, share, follow, and comment!