V) The Sorting

We got out of the train

We got out of the train. Grover turned out to be really cool. He was a bit odd but he's funny and witty.

"That's him!" I heard someone yell, I turned around to find the same pale boy from the ice-cream shop with 2 other boys flanking him.

"I'm Draco Malfoy." He smiled at me, holding out a hand.

"Percy Jackson." I smiled back, shaking his hand.

"I heard you and Hecate are friends." He said.

"Umm," I shifted awkwardly, "Yeah?"

"Kids, what's der 'old up?" A tall man asked us.

"Nothing." Grover said pulling me to walk with him.

"Who was that?" I asked him.

"I think his name is Hagrid? Not too sure." Grover said as we were loaded onto a boat.

"Wow, is that a castle?" I asked.

"It's the school." A red haired boy said and I nodded.

"So.. you're the adoptive son of Hecate?" Grover asked, stepping away from the others.

"Yeah. I guess." I said. I hope she doesn't mind me telling others that, I don't really know what our relationship is.

"Are your parents..?" He asked.

"Oh, no, she kind of adopted me as a joke." I shrugged, "My mom's the best." I told him.

"Oh." He nodded, "What about your dad?" He asked.

"Oh.. well, I've never met him." I said looking at the water around me.

I clicked my sword as I zoned out and when I looked at my surroundings again, we were Infront of the castle- school.

"Alright students, get to the main hall, we'll start the sorting soon! I am Professor McGonagall." An older woman said.

"I'm Professor Snape." A broody man said.

"I- I am Professor Qui- Quirrell." A man in a purple head scarf said.

We were escorted into the hall and I stood next to Grover, Annabeth and Draco.

"Say, Jackson, which house would you want to be sorted in?" Draco asked.

"Probably Hufflepuff?" I shrugged.

"Hufflepuff? Really? Someone of your talents should consider Slytherin." He said.

"Oh, I mean, Slytherin sounds cool too." I smiled at him.

"Yeah, my whole family's in Slytherin, what about yours?" He asked.

"Well, my mom's not a witch and I never met my dad." I told him and his eyes narrowed for a second but he just smiled at me again.

"So you're not a pure blood and Hecate paid you some attention?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I guess."

"Interesting." He said. "Speaking of, what's with your accent, are you American?"