CXXX) Weakness.

"So good at faking I could win an Emmy."

***

"We should go back," Annabeth said.

He didn't want to leave. He held her back as she tried to go. "You're tired?" He asked.

"No, but I know you are."

"I'm not tired,"

"That's a lie," she frowned.

"Okay, maybe I am, but I don't want to sleep," he said, pouting.

She sighed, pursing her lips. "You just get whatever you want, don't you?"

He smiled, wrapping his arms around her. "All I want is right here."

She hugged back, leaning into his touch. "But you should seriously sleep," she said.

"Just today?" He pleaded. "I'll sleep extra tomorrow."

She rolled her eyes, "Fine."

He grinned, kissing her cheek.

They made their way outside, sitting on the bench as they continued staring up at the sky.

"That one's Hercules," Annabeth said, pointing to a constellation. "Wow, Perceus is over there, too."

He looked at her as she pointed at each one of the patterns, her eyes glimmering beautifully.

He never thought he would fall like this, but a part of him knew that she was different, special among all the other girls who looked at him.

She liked him for him, before he got all the muscles, before he got to the point he was at, at the time.

Before everything.

Just kids, falling for each other.

That's all they were.

But that wasn't completely true. No kid had had to fight in the streets. No kid had had to see their mother vanish in front of them. No kid had ever faced what they did.

No one escapes the hero's fate.

Annabeth leaned in closer to him, feeling the breeze chilling her to the bone.

"I love you," Percy told her.

She smiled, "I do too." She looked back up at the stars that were getting covered by a thick ominous grey cloud.

"Looks like it's gonna rain soon," Annabeth said. "You wanna go inside?"

He nodded, "Sure."

***

They looked around the room. The other Percy and Annabeth had gone back to resume their quest, which Annabeth was slightly disappointed by since she still wanted to ask them a few more questions.

They laid in bed, comforted by each other's presence.

He held her close, not knowing when the moment would end, not wanting it to end.