XXXIX) "I'll Kill You."

We walked into the house.

Mr Chase sat us down on the couch, which was piled with a board game.

Bobby also approached us, super confused.

A woman who I guessed was Annabeth's stepmother brought us some snacks to eat.

"How did this happen?" Mr Chase asked.

Matthew immediately paled at his words, "What's wrong? Is Annabeth.. she's not-"

"No," I said, "But she's in danger. She was captured. In a dream, I saw Luke.. he was doing something."

"Luke?" Thalia asked.

I hadn't told anyone about the dream in detail other than Grover so this was new information.

I nodded, "He looked.. tired, almost dead." I said, "They're at a mount Tamalpais. We just need to get there quickly, before.. we just need a vehicle, anything works." I said.

Mr Chase nodded, grabbing a set of keys and handing it to me.

He closed my fist around the keys, "Please bring her back." He said.

I nodded, "I won't return without her."

We quickly rushed out, when we realised one problem.

"I'm not letting Thalia drive again." I said.

"Do not bother, I shall drive."

I raised my eyebrows at her, "You can-"

"Alive for thousands of years, do thou doubt thine skills?"

I shook my head tossing the keys to her.

The drive wasn't too bad, much better than Thalia's obviously but I was too busy stressing to even think about her driving.

Zoë revealed her true identity and fought off her old dragon friend, Ladon.

We soon reached the mountain and I immediately felt my blood run cold when I saw what was going on.

Artemis kneeled bound in chains. She looked completely different, even her aura was different.

I stepped closer but I heard laughter booming and echoing.

"You think it'll be this easy to defeat me after all the torture I've been though?!" The same deep voice from my dream yelled.

To the side, I saw something that made me think of bloody murder.

Luke stood next to an unfamiliar man, to his side, Annabeth was on her knees, gagged.

"I'll kill you." I glared at the figure.

He laughed, "Brave or stupid? I cannot decide."

Thalia rushed to my side while Zoe ran to help Artemis.

The figure walked patiently, "Oh Perceus, you don't understand how long I've wanted to do this." He said.

"Lose?" I asked.

"Kill." He corrected, "I'm glad you'll be the one to put me out of this hiatus."

Thalia rushed to fight Luke as I stood my ground against the guy.

"The burden of the sky really brings another level of bloodlust I didn't think I had." The man said.

"Atlas." I said, "Punished by the gods."

"Wrongfully punished." He corrected, "I did nothing but aid my kind."

I scoffed, "Sure, you psycho, say it your way."