LXXIV) The Ball.

"Tell me, do you feel the love?" -Dhruv in Double take. Rate the song!

Though Percy was still shocked by the vision that he'd had earlier, he was quickly recovering.

The girls started getting prepared a few hours before the ball, while the guys were still lounging around.

"Maybe we should start changing." Jason said.

Percy sighed, "I'm tired, though."

"So we'll change quickly and get it over with."

"But suits are uncomfortable to lie down in."

"You're right," Jason said, "Ten minutes."

"20,"

"Fifteen."

"Deal,"

Fifteen minutes later, Jason got up off his bed and tossed Percy his suit.

"5 more minutes." He pleaded.

"Percy," Matthew said, "We have to get ready."

Percy sighed, sitting up and looking at the suit. Sally had bought it for him when she found out about the ball. It was a very dark shade of blue, making it almost look black with shiny cyan marble buttons. His mom had also got him a tie with a wave pattern that had grey accents.

She knows me so well. He smiled, looking at it.

He removed his shirt and wore his white button up. He tied his tie up, struggling. In the end, just hanging it on his collar. He walked to the bathroom and changed into his matching pants. He shrugged on his top and looked in the mirror.

"I don't have to mess with my hair, do I?"

"You tell me," Matthew said, "I thought you knew all about what girls like."

Percy shrugged, "Then I guess this will do."

Mom has also gotten him a pair of navy blue converses after he had complained about the dress shoes hurting his feet.

Sally really was the best mom ever.

He walked out of the bathroom and wore the shoes while Matthew kept frantically trying to mess with his hair.

Percy, taking pity on the atrocious mess that he'd become, helped him out.

"Did you use gell?" Percy asked as he messed with Matthew's hair.

"What if I did?" He asked, concerned, "Does it look bad?"

"Just wash it off and it'll be fine."

"Wash it off? Now?"

Percy nodded towards the sink and Matthew grumbled under his breath, turning it on.

Percy grabbed a towel from Matthew's bag, and messed Matthew's hair up even more.

"I regret trusting you." He muttered.

"It's called naturally messy. She'll love it." Percy said.

Percy used his hand and messed it up slightly more, making Matthew groan.

"I look like an idiot."

"I'm an idiot." Percy said, "Don't I look handsome?"

Matthew rolled his eyes, "Always so egotistical."

"It's not my fault I'm right."

When Matthew looked back at the mirror, he was pleasantly surprised by how good his hair looked.

"I know," Percy grinned, "Good, huh?"

"Not terrible." He said.

Matthew's messy, surfer boy-like hair contrasted well with his black suit. He pulled on his dress shoes and smiled, feeling accomplished.