LXI) Young Love.

Annabeth woke up in the middle of the night, Percy's arms still wrapped around her.

She carefully tried to peel his arms away but he was stubborn.

"Stay?" He asked.

Annabeth's gaze softened as she realized that Percy was still awake.

"Why aren't you asleep?"

"I couldn't." He shrugged, tightening his hold.

"Percy.."

"It'll be okay. Please?"

Percy was always careful to not accidentally charm speak his friends.

Though he really wanted Annabeth to stay, he couldn't force her and he didn't want to make her do it with his ability. He wanted her to stay but only if she wanted to.

"Okay." She said, "What time is it?"

"Does it matter?"

"Percy." She scolded.

"Jeez, I'm checking." He looked over to the alarm clock on the bedside table before turning back to her, "It's only 4."

She nodded, "I could stay until 6."

"Only 2 more hours?" He whined.

"You want me to stay the whole day?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Can you?"

"No, you idiot." She slapped his chest playfully before her hand shot up to caress his cheek, "Are you okay?"

He smiled genuinely, "I'm okay.. right now."

She nodded, "Good enough."

Their close proximity made Annabeth gulp as she fought to avoid looking at his lips. She remembered his lips on hers, and she was tempted to try them again, but held back.

She was glad that he didn't bring it up, to save her from her embarrassment but it also hurt her to see him act like nothing happened.

She knew she was selfish but she just wanted things to go her way. She wanted him to drop everything, and tell her that he liked her too. She wanted him to want her, need her like she needs him.

Percy gulped at their close proximity. He was tempted to embarrass himself by bringing up their kiss, but he still wasn't sure if it really happened or not so he decided to stay quiet.

She was biting her lip and it was really distracting but he managed to keep himself composed.

His thoughts were fighting against each other, his consciences clashing.

She didn't do it! Our brain made it up to feel better about itself!

Yes she did! She wanted you! Do you see the desperation in her eyes!

He's feeding you lies! Don't do anything stupid. She'll leave you and you'll lose everything you have with her!

Just kiss her! See where it leads!.

It'll lead you to a depressed life. You know we have nothing without her!

She likes you!

But she loves Luke!

Just do it!

It was a desperate fight, holding onto whatever delusions he could feed himself so his mentality can thrive, but no.

I wish the kiss was a dream. He thought, At least that way, I'll know that it will happen.

They were crazy for each other and they couldn't see it.