LIV) "I'll Come Back."

Two paths.

Two choices.

"I feel him!" Grover said, turning to us, "Pan's there! He's definitely there!" He said.

I looked at him, concerned, "But the spider-"

"It's okay, Tyson and I will go this side. You two deal with the invaders." He said nodding enthusiastically.

Even Tyson seemed on board with the idea, which amazed me since these two completely set aside their differences and became friends.

I nodded, "Good luck, man."

"You too! Don't flirt too much!" He winked before we had to catch up to the spider.

We got to Mount St Helens where I saw these dog demons.

"Telkhines." Annabeth whispered but she was invisible.

"Demon dogs. Cool." I muttered.

Hephaestus had sent us to get rid of the invaders so we had to fight these possessed pups.

"How do we even do this?" I wondered aloud.

We luckily hadn't been spotted yet but it was only a matter of time until they knocked over this barrel and I became dog chow.

And once again, luck wasn't on my side since they immediately picked out the barrel that I i was in and I was forced to fight.

"Kill him!" One snarled.

I immediately drew riptide, "Who wants to play catch..?" I offered.

Sadly, they didn't seem interested in what I was saying so I was out of luck.

I had somehow ran out of the main room, slashing as many dogs that came my way.

I hoped to all the gods that Annabeth was already by my side since I did not want to trap her with those monsters, invisible or not.

Luckily, as I ducked behind some more barrels to not get caught, Annabeth materialized besides me.

"You idiot." She muttered.

I smiled at her sheepishly, but it quickly faltered as I took in the situation, "Annabeth, you have to go."

"If you think I'm leaving you, you're more of a Seaweed brain than I thought."

"You have to, there are too many."

"So we fight together."

I cupped her face, putting in as much charm speak as possible, "I'll handle them. You go. Leave. I'll be okay."

She seemed to become convinced since she nodded but she immediately snapped out of it, looking at me madly.

I thought she would punch me, hell, I would've been less surprised if she did, especially with the way she was looking at me, as if I was the dumbest person on earth.

No.

Instead, she grabbed me by the shirt and crashed her lips onto mine. She let go a minute later, still glaring at me before I regained my composure.

"Go!" I said.

She nodded, wearing her cap and running off.

I was still extremely shocked but I shook it off, silently wondering if anything I'd said sounded like 'Kiss me.'

I knew I wouldn't be able to defeat all of the telkhines but I also knew I had to try.

Feeling a deep tug in my gut, I felt my legs press deeper into the ground from the pressure being built up. Then, everything just released, sending me flying and killing all the telkhines as well.