LII) "You Were Watching Me Sleep?"

I slept really well that night. You could already guess why.

My dream showed me the old man, Daedalus and his son, Icarus wearing metal wings. Icarus' wings weren't perfected and led to his death as he plummeted into the sea.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I had never experienced fear of water as much as I did after that dream.

Annabeth and the others were still sleeping so I creepily stared at her.

It was the first time I saw Annabeth looking that calm, and it was beautiful.

Her lips were slightly pouted and her eyebrows weren't furrowed. Her eyes were still closed and it took all my self restraint not to do something stupid and wake her up just to see her eyes.

I stroked her hair, thinking of what to do. I really didn't want to move from the position we were in, but I knew that we had to at some point.

I silently cursed as she started shifting.

"Hey." She smiled at me sleepily while rubbing her eyes.

"Hey." I smiled back.

She was looking up at me with those bright grey eyes and I hoped my heart didn't sound as flustered as I felt.

"How long have you been awake?" She asked.

"Not long."

"You should've woken me up."

"How could I do that?" I asked, "You were so peaceful."

She raised an eyebrow at me, "You were watching me sleep?"

"Well, it was either that or watch Tyson drool."

She sighed, resting her head on my chest again and hugging me tighter.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." She muttered which sent vibrations through mu body, "This is just nice."

"I know." I whispered, "I don't want to go either."

We stayed like that for a few more minutes before Annabeth decided to get up.

She held out her hand for me and I was forced to get up too. I removed my jacket, draping it over her shoulders.

"I'm not cold anymore." She said.

"Still. The maze is quite cold." I told her, "You wouldn't be able to give us plans if you're sick."

She rolled her eyes at me but she was smiling, "Let's just go wake up the two."

"See? How would I ever know what to do without you?"

Without you.

I remembered the prophecy and I felt uncertain again. I couldn't think life without her anymore. We saw each other every single day and I wasn't sick of her. Maybe she was sick of me but I felt like I could do this for my whole life without a problem.

Losing her. I don't think I would ever recover. I loved her in a way I loved no body else. She was my sun and my stars and my hope and my happiness. She was my everything and she didn't even know it.

She couldn't comprehend how much she means to me.

"What're you thinking about?" She asked.

"Nothing." I shook my head slowly.

She walked towards me, "You're worried."

She knew me too well.

"I am." I muttered.