LI) "Why would I be jealous of him?"

"Who would you like on this quest?" Chiron asked.

We were back at the big house where Annabeth had to choose her members.

"Grover, Tyson." My heart dropped, "And Percy."

"I thought-" I started but Annabeth quickly interrupted me.

"Chiron, I need them all for the quest."

"You know it is dangerous, 3 is an ancient number that shouldn't be broken."

"I know, it's risky but I need them."

Chiron seemed to think on it for a second before nodding, "Okay." He said grimly. "I'm guessing you got the prophecy?"

"I.. did." She said looking down.

Chiron put a hand on her shoulder, gesturing her to continue.

She met my eyes, momentarily before looking back down. She recited the prophecy except this time..

"The child of Athena's final stand."

"What?!"

Everyone turned to me but I didn't care. I looked at Annabeth, completely shocked.

"Prophecy's are tricky. Annabeth's not the only child of Athena." Selina said but I couldn't rip my eyes off Annabeth.

I felt my heartbeat kicking at my ribs. I tried calming myself down but I couldn't.

I tried thinking on the bright side.

"Selina's right." Beckondorf added and if it wasn't for the situation, I would've thought about teasing him but.. how could I have thought about anything else at the time?

***

I kept thinking about earlier.

Juniper had told us about Luke and how he had used the entrance while spying for Kronos. Then she told me about Quintus' odd behaviour.

"Percy," I turned around, surprised to see Quintus. "It'll be dangerous down there."

I subtly took a step back, "I know."

"I wanted to give you something." He held out a small silver rod.

"A whistle?"

"A dog whistle." He explained, "If you're in trouble, Mrs O'Leary will come find you. It will disappear after you blow it so don't waste it."

I nodded looking at the object.

I wondered if he could have hidden some secret device to sabotage us. Maybe a bomb?

I shook my head, mustering up a smile, "Thanks."

He nodded before walking off.

I wanted to talk to Annabeth right after the meeting was over, but she was already gone.

I walked towards the Athena cabin quickly, not caring what this looked like.

"Annabeth."

She and her siblings all turned towards me.

She winced momentarily when I walked towards her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered.

She looked everywhere but my eyes and I gestured for the others to go.

They filed out, one after another. I closed the door behind them, not caring about a stupid rule.

"Percy," her voice broke me. It sounded like she shattered into a million pieces.