XLIV) "Hypocrite."

"Can we talk?"

The group was in front of us, talking and laughing like they'd been friends for years.

Annabeth looked at the ground, "What's there to talk about?" She asked.

I gulped, shifting awkwardly, "I was upset, I lost control.."

She looked up and stepped closer, "You really are an idiot you know that? I'm not mad at you."

"You're not?" I asked, looking at her confused.

"I was pushing you too much, and.. I- I'm sorry." She sighed, "I get it.. I do.. blaming yourself seems like the easiest option." She said, "But trust me, no one feels that way. Percy, no one blames you."

"I know," I avoided her gaze, "It's just difficult."

She smiling slightly, walking closer and patting my shoulder, "I'm here for you."

"Thanks."

"Are you two gonna kiss or come here?"

We both turned our heads to see the group watching us. I scowled at Matthew, "Trust me Math, if we kissed, you'd wish you never said anything."

He shot me a disgusted look before rolling his eyes and smiling, "I know where you sleep." He said innocently.

"Yeah, and I know when you sleep." I returned the same innocent smile.

Annabeth rolled her eyes at the both of us, "Come on, we gotta go to class." She said pulling us along.

Magnus and Bobby walked away once again since they had a different schedule but I didn't really pay them much attention because this was when Daphne decided to pop up and wrap an arm around me.

"Percy." She smiled at me, a smile that I almost considered sweet. Almost.

"Uhh, hi.." I said looking over at anyone who would help.

When Rachel took a stand and grabbed my hand with hers, entwining our fingers, Daphne scowled at her.

"Babe, let's go over there." She said nodding at the seat on the other side of the table.

"Yeah, okay." I said quickly and wiggled my arm out of Daphne's hold.

I gestured Matthew to follow and we all sat down.

I looked back at Daphne to see her looking genuinely hurt.. I felt a little bad for her, honestly.

Rachel turned my head to her, "Please tell me you wanted me to get you away from her.. cause if she was your crush.. well, that would be awkward."

"No, no," I shook my head, "Thank you?" I smiled at her.

"Please don't make me feel like a third wheel here too." Matthew groaned, "This is the only time I don't have to hear you flirting."

I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm not flirting."

"Not yet." He grumbled, leaning into the table.

I looked over at Rachel to see her amused smile, "You seriously flirt with every girl you meet?" She asked.

"No-"

"Yes." Matthew said, "And I would very much appreciate it if you stopped."

"You know I don't like listening to people."

"You're right, please carry on with your flirting." He said.

"Now I don't want to."

"Good."

It took me a minute to realize what Matthew just said and I scowled at him once I noticed his trick, "You sly asshole."

He sighed, "Allas, the quiet had to come to an end." He turned to me, "What do you want?"