XLIII) "You Two Honestly Sicken Me Sometimes."

"What do you mean?" I asked her knowing full well what she meant.

She pulled me aside, "You and I both know that we were the only ones who saw those guys."

"Uhh," I looked over at Annabeth who was standing out of earshot, pleading for help.

"Why could I see them and others can't?"

"Magic." I said, "Magic, those- those guys don't have magic in their veins, thus can't see stuff.."

"I feel like your lying but it sounds valid as well." She narrowed her eyes at me, "Are you lying."

"No." I managed to spit out without looking too guilty, "Now if you'll excuse me," I said pointing at the others, "I have to talk to Annabeth."

I let out a silent sigh of relief when she nodded.

I walked over to Annabeth and she dragged me away.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"Don't act all innocent on me, how could you get a mortal involved?"

"Look, it really wasn't intentional, I was running from skeletons.." she tilted her head at me, raising an eyebrow, "You do not want to know.. anyways, she sneezed and I thought she was.. yeah.. and I slashed her but.. she's mortal."

"She can see through the mist." Annabeth said pacing around.

"I got that memo." I said, running a hand through my hair, "How do we explain this to them?" I asked, motioning to the small group of people who were watching us carefully.

She looked looked at them then turned back to me, sighing, "This just had to happen."

"The fates hate me."

"They hate all of us."

"Yeah, but me especially."

"Yeah," she pursed her lips, "what do we do?"

"We're doomed."

"Well, I wouldn't say doomed but.."

I shook my head, "If you're asking me for suggestions we're beyond doomed."

She gave me a weak smile, "Let's lie without lying then." I said.

"Half truths. Perfect."

"Well, it would be if I wasn't such a terrible liar." I mumbled.

Annabeth patted my back encouragingly, "You're good enough."

We walked back to the group, who's eyes were immediately darting from Annabeth to me to Rachel. Other than Bobby and Matthew, they all seemed concerned.

"Hey guys." I said.

Annabeth gave me an you-are-an-idiot- look before smiling at the others as well.

"Don't 'hey guys' us, what is she talking about?" Ron asked.

"Costume party. Some guys decided it was funny to dress up as skeletons and attack Percy." Annabeth said, "He had a sword with him and almost hit Rachel."

"I thought you hated parties." Magnus looked at Rachel with scrunched eyebrows, "Were you lying to get out of Leo's grasps?"

Rachel groaned, "I love that guy to death but he's gotta stop flirting with me. And with Piper, I'm pretty sure Jason's gonna kill him."

Note to self, don't let Leo close to Annabeth.

Magnus snorted, "It's not like it ever works, Look at me, I'm bad boy Mcshizzle! See, scares off all the girls."