LXXI) Falling.

Jason came back with the others not too long afterwards, holding his egg and a box.

"This isn't fair, bro. You beat me up for eating those cookies and now you're handing them to him?" Leo asked, "Do you not love me anymore, bro?"

Jason rolled his eyes, "For the millionth time, just.. no."

Jason removed an ambrosia cube from the box and handed it to Percy.

"These were the cookies you were talking about?" Annabeth asked.

Jason nodded, "If I hadn't been there to stop him," he shook his head, "Just eat."

"Can I have one?" Leo asked.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"You don't love me." He pouted.

"Leo, I'll buy you cookies another time."

Percy felt his wounds slowly close up so he buttoned his shirt back up, "We leaving?" He asked.

They all got up and Leo almost slipped if Jason hadn't caught him.

"Why's there water here?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah, Rachel.. wait." Percy narrowed his eyes at Rachel, "Why did you spit?"

She looked away, "We should go."

"Aww, come on, tell me." He said but she turned away from him, "Please?" He pouted before looking at the others, "Are you guys not curious?"

"Sometimes I think you're pretending." Matthew shook his head.

"What? You think I could fake my charming attitude?" He asked, "No way. This is stuff you're born with."

"Whatever, dude." Matthew said, "Let's go."

Everyone had come back to the castle, so the halls were quite packed. They walked out the nurse's office and a few girls looked at Percy with thoughtful expressions.

"What's going on?" Percy asked his friends.

"You're lucky that dragon didn't spoil your face." Leo said, "It would've affected your fan base."

"I would look great with a scar.." he seemed to realise what he said and looked at Annabeth.

She looked away, saddened at the mention of him and it hurt Percy to be reminded of how much she cares about him. About how much.. She loves him.

"Well.. I-"

"Percy, you're bleeding." Rachel said, "Shit, that's a lot."

Percy looked down at his shirt then cursed as he unbuttoned it, "How? I thought-" he shook his head, "Whatever, give me more."

"You'll combust. You can't eat more."

"Then why..?"

They rushed out the castle, Percy flashing too many girls to count.

Professor McGonagall attempted to stop them but when she saw Percy's cuts and their anxious faces, she let them go.

Some students had run out to see what all the fuss was about, and they were definitely surprised when Percy jumped into the black lake with claw marks all over him.

"So much bacteria could enter the cuts!" Magnus said, turning to Annabeth, "Why would you let him do that?!"

"Trust me, he always feels better after a swim."

Jason looked at her confused, contemplating his thoughts on Percy's dad.

Neptune? He thought, No way, right? I would've heard of him.