XVI) "600th Floor Please."

I gave the biggest tip in history.

I met my dad.. kind of. Okay, not really.

I also made the weirdest excuse in history.

But here we are. In the dungeon of Hades. The underworld.

"Where's the bolt?" I asked.

"You dare come to my house and ask for something?" He sneered, "Where is my helm?"

"Your helm? What're you talking about?"

"Don't lie to me, boy!" He spat.

"I'm not lying, what are you talking about?"

"My helm of darkness! You stole it and you're coming to blame me for my idiot brother's lightning bolt?!"

"You didn't steal the bolt?"

"Why would I?!"

"To wage war against the gods." Annabeth said.

"Wage war against-" he sighed, "Always the villain." He sighed again, "Look, I do hate my brothers but I never have or will go out of my way for those idiots to fight."

"But you'll get more power, more death?" Grover said.

"You think I want more? The underworld has been struck with traffic for the last 100 years! I don't want more!"

"Then who has the bolt?" I asked confused.

Hades looked at me oddly, "You do, do you not?"

"Why would I go on this quest if I already had it?"

"It's in your bag."

I unzipped my bag, and there it was.

"Percy.." Grover and Annabeth looked at me shocked.

"I didn't steal it!" I said.

I looked into the bag again. The bag that Ares gave us.

"Go west to the god who's turned. Ares. It's Ares not Hades." Annabeth said.

"Since you're here, how about you toss that little thing to me?" Hades asked.

"Uhh, why?"

"I still do hate my brothers."

"No, we need to return this." I said.

"Fine, I'll make you a deal." He smiled wickedly at me, "You give me the bolt," he snapped his fingers, "I give you your mom."

I looked at him in disbelief. "M- mom?" I stared at the golden statue.

"Saved her just in time.. though, I can always take it back." He shrugged.

"Please-"

"It's simple, give me the bolt, I'll find the helm myself."

"What if I return your helm?" I asked.

"You don't have it."

"I don't.. but Ares does. I'll give it back, please, keep my mom safe until then."

He didn't say anything.

"I'll be back for you, mom." I said before all 3 of us popped our orbs.

We appeared on a beach. I felt slightly sore but I shook it off when I saw him.

"Aww, you were supposed to die!" He yelled not bothered by the people passing by.

"You took the helm." I said.

"Sure did." He played with a black war helmet as he spoke, "What're you gonna do? Kill me?" He laughed.

"You stole the bolt. Then the helm? You caused this war." He nodded at everything I said, "But you're too stupid to come up with this. This plan is too good." I said and he looked at me shocked.