XXXVIII) "It's The Oracle!"

Everything felt wrong.

We were playing capture the flag against the hunters and I stayed back in defense.

I was feeling extra bad since I had just gone to the Oracle to try and convince her to give me a quest but she just ignored me.

Everyone flashed me sympathetic looks as they passed by me but it didn't really cheer me up in any way.

"But you love attacking." Thalia said.

"It's fine, you go, I'll defend, I'm injured anyway." I told her.

My wound was healing much better that I ate some delicious ambrosia cubes but I was still sore and not completely healed.

"Okay.." Thalia said looking at me unsure, "Be careful, those girls can play dirty."

"I'll be fine."

Malcolm was also defending with me and we stood there in silence, which wasn't really doing my thoughts a favour.

Today, my thoughts were even more messy. I had had a dream that might've pointed me towards Annabeth and, strangely, Artemis. I still didn't know how those two were connected but I had the feeling I was gonna find out.

"She's strong." He broke the silence, "She'll be back."

I nodded, "She will."

He turned fully to me, "Percy, I trust you. I know mom doesn't really help your case but.. I really do."

"Thanks."

He patted my back, "Bring her home, brother."

I smiled at him, "I won't return without her."

We were snapped out of our conversation when we heard the bushes rattling.

Malcolm ran over to the other end of the flag, fighting some people. As I ran towards him to help out, I heard something coming from behind me. I saw Zoë leap out of the trees ready to lunge for the flag.

She glared at me as I stepped in between her and her victory.

"You would surrender if you knew what's right for you."

"I guess I don't know what's good for me then." I glared back.

She her bow, shooting at me at an impossibly fast pace.

I deflected all of the arrows, "I know about the dream." I said and she suddenly stopped.

She eyed me very carefully.

Grover admitted that he was a stalker when it came to Artemis' hunters and told me about the dream as well, which I helped connect to mine.

"How do you know it?" She asked, sceptical.

"Doesn't matter. I've been getting dreams too."

"Like what?"

"Artemis is in danger, right?"

She stayed silent but I could tell she was also focused on the flag.

"I think.. I think Annabeth is there too."

"It is not likely." She said.

"I saw her. Look, the point is, we have to work together to get them both back."

"I do not mean to offend thee, but I'm unsure that Annabeth is with Artemis." She said.

"Whatever the case, we still have to save Artemis."

She nodded, "Very well."

"So you'll help me?"

"I will not help thee. In any case, thou will help me." She said before knocking me to my knees and grabbing the flag.