Chapter 1 What's happening?

Amala POV

"MOM!" I'm leaving!" I screamed upstairs to my mother, who was getting ready for her meeting. "Okay, sweetheart, I'll see you later."She yelled back to me.

I walked out my front door and headed towards my car.

"Man, I can't believe I got to go to freaking school with annoying people. Why couldn't I take online classes? Why did I think face-to-face learning would be better for me?"

I got in my car and started driving; I hated school. I only went to school because it was essential to get an education, as it was necessary to go to school to pursue my education for the career I wanted. I was on top in my program and University. I mean, my test scores sure did prove it.

"I don't want to go to school today; I'll just miss the first class," I said, heading toward star bucks to get my drink and muffin.

As I got out of the car, I felt a strong wind pulling me backward. I turned around feeling freaked out but didn't overthink it as I rushed into star bucks. I did turn around to see where the wind came from and what caused it. Was there a tornado nearby? I looked through the glass door and saw nothing. "What the fuck...?" I felt a little bit puzzled but headed toward the line anyway. An old lady was smiling at me behind the cash register; she greeted me with a hello.

I gave her my regular order and paid for it.

I went to the other side and waited for them to call my name. I felt a tingle in my arm. I was completely confused why I was getting strange vibes this morning. Usually, strange vibes aren't good. Maybe I should go back home.
"Um, Ah La?" I looked up at the girl who called my name and gave her a 'You're kidding me, right?.' Look, I walked up to her and grabbed my drink. "It's pronounced Ah Ma La, but thank you very much," I said, smiling at her. She apologized & I let out a sigh, saying it was okay. Honestly, I don't blame people for not knowing how my name is pronounced as long as they don't do it multiple times.

It's not her fault my mom gave me a unique name. My mother constantly brags about my name. She says it has a meaning, a beautiful meaning. She still hasn't told me the meaning of the name. People always wonder how my Mother and I get along so well. I don't know how to explain it; we just do. She's my best friend.
Of course, there's always a line you don't cross, no matter how close you're to your mother. You have to always show respect, though.

I got in my car and started driving to the lakeside; It's usually where my mom and I would go when we wanted to escape everything. Today was just one of those days where I wanted to be left alone with my thoughts, even though I should be headed towards school to attend my first class. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

While driving, I felt my car being pushed to the side. The force pushing my car was too strong to have been any small impact; what the hell was going on?

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed when I noticed there was a massive Tornado behind me. I started to speed up, knowing I wouldn't be able to outrun that massive tornado for too long.

 "What the fuck? Where did that tornado come from? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" I saw a truck heading the way I came from. I honked my car horn, trying to let the driver know there was a tornado behind me, but when I looked in the review mirror, I saw nothing.

 "What the...... what's going on?" There was nothing there! There was no Tornado behind me anymore.

I finally reached my destination and got out of the car with my star bucks. I looked around and couldn't come to any sight of the Tornado. "Did I imagine that? No, I couldn't have.....? could I have? Maybe I'm just tired." I said, sighing; this is why I should stop pulling all-nighters.