CH. 34 The Queen

CH. 34 The Queen

(Queen POV)

"Finally, I was beginning to think this would take us years just to get back," I said out loud, I look out to see that we were in front of my walls.

I refuse to call this place my home because it wasn't my home.

A home is where you feel comfortable, where you're surrounded by people you care for, by your people and what you wanted to be surrounded by. This place wasn't that.

This place will never be my home.

"I am sorry my Queen that the journey was long."

I held the urge to roll my eyes, I turned to look at Tasamon

"You know you don't have to call me that when there's no one around Tasamon," I said looking at him, his eyes widened. I look deep into his blue eyes, trying to see if he was going to let it go just like that.

"That is what you're, my Queen. That is what I shall call you." He said.

I let out a sigh, not having the energy to argue about it today.

"I just want you to know that you don't have to call me it, but I have a feeling you're going to continue calling me that till your very last breath," I said staring at him.

"Yes." He said staring back at me.

It's been like this since I met him since I saved him.

No one knew though, they could never imagine someone like me saving someone.

He was someone that I saved, the last person that I saved.

My assistant, the one who carries duties for me no matter how evil they seem. He never asks why he never stares at me in disgust when I tell him to do horrible things. He stares at me with a look that I can't understand.

Is it pity?

Is it an understanding look?

Is it just a hollow look?

Him, just doing whatever he feels like I want him to do just because I saved his life.

Is it payback?

I can never understand this man, will I ever understand this man.

The cabin came to a halt.

I quickly tried to rush out, not bothering on letting the guards get ready for me.

I just couldn't wait to see my son.

I've missed him so much.

The only light in my darkness of a world.

My flesh and blood.

"That's strange?" Tasamon said.

"What is?" I said, rushing towards the entrance and him trailing behind me.

"Some of the guards are missing." He said and I raised a brow on that.

"They're probably slacking because I am not here or something, we'll deal with it later but for now I want to hug my son," I said.

"Of course. You miss him dearly." Tasamon said.

I nodded my head agreeing to that.

I don't pay much attention to the walls, a matter of fact I hated the walls.

I secretly hated everything about this place.

I never wanted to be in this place, I never wanted to leave my home but I had no choice.