CH. 48 What do you mean?

(Amala POV)

What Tut had said to me earlier was ringing in my head, even as we sat down to eat breakfast, it didn't even matter to me that the Queen had also joined us for breakfast.

She was quiet but I didn't miss the eager look on her face that she wanted to be quickly done with breakfast and on her way for this long journey to the underground city.

I looked at the man that was sitting next to her, curious about what his relationship with her was exactly.

I was never someone to be in other people's business but that doesn't change the fact that I am someone who tends to get curious about things.

I mean, I'm sure everyone has already sense that.

Curiosity can lead to good things and also lead to bad things.

"We'll go. We are going on this trip with no guard, so we'll have to ride there in our best way. I'm sure we'll be fine." Tut said.

"It's been a while since I've ridden a horse or camel by myself but I'll manage." The Queen said.

I was pretty excited about the fact of riding a horse, I've ridden a horse before but never in the B.C era. Things would be different here, besides I would be able to see more things, in the chariot, I was unable to see as much as I wanted to but now.

I could see this world.

"Very well, then let us go," Tut said standing up.

We all followed him and I turned to look at Phora, waving her to come with me.

Phora came and walked right next to me. It surprises me how well Phora and I work together.

How wild would it be if she and I were to behave this way in my era? People wouldn't understand it.

We were outside now, Tut advisor group that consists of his men were outside as well, I raised a brow to that.

"Your highness, you're going on a trip with no guards? You realize that is something you should highly think about. It is unsafe." One of his men said.

I met them earlier and I could see the respect they had for Tut, I wonder if he noticed that as well.

"I'll be going without guards too, but I suppose no one cares." The Queen said.

"Your majesty, yes. We do, we feel like none of you should go without guards, it is not safe." One of the men said.

"I can protect them and myself, there are no worries," Tut said, shrugging it off.

"With all due respect your highness, you're a King. Some people want you dead your highness." One of his men said and the area around us fell quiet.

My eyes widened realizing that Tut was putting his life in danger with actually coming with us in this journey.

Was I selfish for not realizing it?

I turned to look at Tut, he was already looking at me and I know he saw that I came to the realization.

I almost hesitated and called this whole thing off.

I don't want anything to happen to him.

Especially when I know that people would do anything to harm him, especially harming me. This is something we've discussed but had it pointed out like this made me hesitate more.

"I know the risk, I've thought about it," Tut said causing my eyes to widen even more.

"I'll be fine." He said as he started walking to one of the horses.