Chapter 42

Now, on their way to the Counsel, the Pack was mostly quiet.

Avi hadn't said a word, and no one spoke to avoid bothering him.

Kevin, after at least ten minutes of silence, finally said something to Avi. "Pardon me, Alpha? Do you have any idea of how long we'll be out?"

"At least two hours." Avi answered quietly.

"Okay. Thank you, Sir."

Alex must've missed the hint about not speaking so Avi could have some peace, because as soon as Kevin finished speaking, he began. "So how was your mom, Alpha? She seems very nice."

Avi swallowed audibly. "She's fine."

"Oh, that's good! I was so worried something awful happened or she might di--"

"Alex." Todrick interrupted.

"What? I'm sorry, have I said something wrong?" Alex asked quickly.

"Just... I don't mean to be rude, Allie, but please just give The Alpha some peace and quiet."

Alex immediately shut his mouth and didn't say another word.

*********

At The Counsel building, the pack had been divided up by Ranking, except Mitch, whom Avi had demanded stay with Scott to keep him from freaking out.

The Betas had been taken down a hallway, and brought into a large room filled with several books, as well as several pieces of technology.

Kevin was so excited he nearly fell over.

They were both now being given the tour on how the Beta section of the Counsel worked.

The Omegas had been lead into the kitchen, and shown where all the cleaning supplies were kept, just in case anyone ever asked them to clean anything.

Meanwhile the Alphas had been shown a large room in the center of the Counsel, resembling a gym almost, where lots of exercise equipment was kept.

Scott's eyes widened in excitement, and he would've run over to the first treadmill he saw had it not been for Avi's vice grip on his arm, because Avi knew exactly what Scott was thinking.

Albert then lead them out the back door of the Counsel, where there was a large grass field.

A group of about thirty Alphas were standing out there in formation, a single Alpha in front of them.

Albert walked them over, and introduced Jake, Avi and Scott to the Lead Alpha of the so-called army.

The Leader shook all of their hands, but when he got to Avi he froze, holding Avi's hand a moment longer. "Is this the Leader?"

Albert nodded once. "Yes, Sir. He is."

"I can see it in his eyes. So he's my replacement, yes? Guess we better get to work, Alpha."

Avi blinked at him once. "Wait... You lost me. Replacement?"

 The Lead in front of him stood up a little straighter. "Yeah. I thought you were a Lead Alpha."

"I am."

"Then let's see it. Lead on, Lead Alpha."

Avi squinted at him, but gave him a nod. "Fine."

"First order of business;" He turned to Scott and Jake. "Which one is the S.A.I.T.W? Probably the big one."

Avi wanted to growl at him, but didn't. "Really? You can't say it all so you have to abbreviate it? And excuse you. Do not call him 'the big one'. His name is Scott."