Chapter 21

(A/N)

Aaaaaaaaaand here's the double.

Love you guys :*

**********

Scott hung it up and smiled at it, pulling Mitch under his arm to look at it with him.

Avi walked in the room all of a sudden, and he gasped. "Wow, Mitchell, you did a great job."

Mitch giggled. "Thanks, but I kind of had help from the Betas..."

Scott turned to Avi. "You told me we would be relaxing today. Now I feel bad because I didn't help anyone."

Avi rolled his eyes. "Honestly, Scott? You've helped all of us several times. No one had any problem with helping you out just this once. You deserve a break every now and then."

"But--"

"They even begged me to give you the biggest bedroom, because they wanted you to know that they appreciate you. Kirstin has called you our security guard. Mitchell calls you his warrior. Kevin is sure you're the strongest Alpha he's ever met."

"So what?"

"So. You've protected us for as long as we've known you. You've gotten hurt in place of others. You've spent your entire Alpha-life putting other people above yourself. Can't you just do something for yourself? Just once?"

********

As expected, the only thing that could possibly make this day turn for the worse, would be someone doing something stupid.

Guess who it was?

Guess whom it was?** (Jesus, Kelsey. English much?)

It was Mitch's idea, technically. However, it was Scott's easygoing brain that went along with it.

So I guess you could say it was a team effort.

Mitch said he was tired of going up and down the stairs, so Scott carried him back down the staircase, Mitch on his back as they descended.

Kevin ran over as soon as he saw them. "Scott, set him down right now! You're going to--"

And just like that, almost as if Kevin had seen the future, Scott's shoulder protested and suddenly it was like someone had set his arm on fire.

Scott dropped Mitch onto his feet and cried out, his other hand flying up to his shoulder.

Mitch gasped and his hands came up to cover his mouth. "Oh my God, are you okay?"

Kevin walked over quickly. "Come here right now." As Scott came towards him, Kevin turned towards the other hallway, assuming Todrick was with Alex. "Tod, can you come here please?"

Todrick emerged from the hallway in a matter of seconds. "Yes, my love?"

Kevin helped Scott lay on his back on the couch. "Can you please grab me some lotion and gauze?"

"Yes, of course. Is everything okay?"

"I'll explain in a second. Please hurry."

Kevin had to practically force Scott out of his shirt, handing it to Mitch who was standing beside him in fear.

Scott flinched the instant Kevin touched his shoulder blade. "Mitchie, can you please go hang out with Alex?"

Mitch nodded and walked away. "Yes, Sir."