Chapter 143

(A/N)

Going to an award ceremony for an athletic thing. Wish me luck bbs :*

***********

Mitch was almost asleep again, as he laid against Scott's body in the warm tub of water.

Scott just held him against his chest, running his hands along all the skin he could reach, Mitch practically purring from the comfort.

Mitch spoke up quietly, after a few minutes of silence. "Alpha?"

"Hmm?" Scott responded just as softly.

"Why... Why are we the way we are? Why were you born an Alpha? Why couldn't... Why couldn't I have been born into the power of an Alpha? Did I... Do something wrong in my childhood to deserve to be at the bottom? To deserve the treatment of an Omega?"

Scott was so taken back, he didn't even know how to answer a question like that.

Mitch looked up at him, the silence of the room almost deafening. "Did... Did I deserve to be in that pack? Did I deserve to be abus--?"

"No. You did absolutely nothing to deserve that. Nothing at all."

"Then why was a born an Omega?"

Scott gave him a small smile. "Well... To meet me, of course. Had you never been an Omega, you and I wouldn't be together."

"I guess that's true..."

"You guess?"

Mitch didn't respond, instead he let out a deep sigh, and relaxed into Scott's body again.

Scott frowned, wishing Mitch would elaborate a little more. "Mitchie?"

He hesitated before he answered. "Sir?"

"Do you...?" Scott stopped himself, and tried again. "If you could've been an Alpha, even though it would mean you never would have met me, would you have wanted to?"

Mitch opened his eyes and looked up to him, setting a hand on Scott's chest. "No. Of course not. I'd gladly go through all of it all over again, just to meet you."

"Would you really?"

"Of course I would. You keep doubting yourself like that. With the cheating thing, and now this... I married you because I love you. So please stop thinking that I want anyone else. Because I don't."

"Okay. I'm sorry."

Mitch shook his head a little. "God, you really have no idea, do you?"

Scott just blinked at him, unsure how to answer that. "What?"

"You do so much for everyone around you, but you never give yourself any credit for it. And I don't understand why. If I were as well liked as you are, I would definitely be bragging about it."

"But.. I don't want to brag. You can brag for me instead."

"I can do that. That won't even be that difficult."

"No?"

Mitch shook his head. "Maybe... Can you and I go for a walk somewhere?"

"Sure. Where? Like.. Do you want to walk around some stores or..?"

"Ooh, yes. Shopping. You know me so well."

Scott grinned at him, and kissed the top of his head again. "Okay. I'll ask Avi. But, um... He might not want us to go alone, because of my hand... Would you mind if Avi and Kirstie came with us?"