Chapter 139

(A/N)

Just to confirm, so that there is no animosity; The account with my name that was created recently, is NOT mine.

Thank you for telling me about it though, y'all. :*

It's not like, a BIG deal. But I just wanted to clarify :)

**********

The four of them waited for a bit, until Jake and Alex came out to join them. Kirstie skipped out at some point as well, which led Kevin to go join Avi during his interview.

Scott offered to carry Mitch, because Mitch complained about being a little tired, but Mitch had only ignored him, still upset about not being trusted.

Alex wanted to help of course, so he offered to do it as well, and Mitch eagerly agreed.

Alex was now holding Mitch on his hip, Mitch's head tucked into his neck, as they waited for the last two to finish.

Scott was just standing beside them, his shoulders slumped almost painfully, as he resembled someone that had just suffered a loss.

Kirstie finally noticed, after coming out of her haze of nervousness for her Alpha, and she walked over to stand beside him, setting a hand on his back. "Are you okay?"

Although she spoke quietly, and the room was very loud, Scott could pick her voice out of every other noise because of how sympathetic it sounded.

He nodded, though he leaned into her slightly. "Yeah."

Kirstie frowned, running her hand up and down his back. "Aw... Sweetie.. Please talk to me. Tell me what's wrong?"

Scott glanced over at Mitch, Alex now bouncing him gently on his hip like a child, and then Scott looked back and shook his head. "No thank you."

"Did you guys get into an argument?"

"Yeah. And it was stupid. I know better than to assume he would ever do something like that..."

Kirstie leaned into his side, still running her hand up and down his back. "I'm sure you two will figure it out."

"I know, but... I'm a bad husband."

"No you're not. Don't be silly, Alpha."

Scott looked down to the ground. "No, I... I'm the worst." He suddenly noticed that Mitch's scent changed somehow, but when he looked over in concern, he quickly realized that Mitch had simply fallen asleep.

Alex was still holding him, lightly bouncing him on his hip as he slept, Alex quietly talking with Jake.

Kirstie followed his eye line, and frowned. "Couldn't have been that stupid if it's bugging you this bad."

"Well, I..." Scott looked down at the ground, and felt his cheeks heat up a little in shame. "I accused him of cheating."

"What?" Kirstie paused, and tried again when he didn't answer. "Why?"

"Because... It made sense for a second. And I never meant to undermine him, and I trust him with my entire being... But I just... If it were true, it would explain a few things that I found hard to understand."

"Like what...?"

"I'd rather not go into it. I just.. It's all my fault. He trusts me, and I have no reason not to trust him right back."

Avi walked out of his interview then, Kevin right behind him.

Avi said something to Kevin that made them both laugh as they walked over, and it made Kirstie smile.