Chapter 32

(A/N)

DOUBLE BC ILY

*********

After the meeting, the pack stuck around for a little while because a few people had questions for them.

A few Betas came up to speak to Kevin and Todrick, and a few Alphas wanted to speak with Avi.

People seemed almost afraid to speak to Scott, which was fine because Scott was equally terrified of them.

A few people even came up to Alex to talk to him, which he thought was cool.

Jake stood with him the entire time, to be sure he was alright by himself.

A Beta told Alex that he was cute, and Alex responded by hugging him. "Thank you! How nice of you to say!"

The Beta was a little surprised, but hugged back. "Oh... You're welcome."

When an Alpha finally did come up to Scott to speak to him, he was very respectful, which Scott appreciated wholeheartedly.

Mitch was a little on edge though, and he stood beside Scott, with his hand in Scott's back pocket.

To show what was his, and not yours.

Avi, although he'd spoken to several people, suddenly put his arm around Kirstie's waist because he didn't want her to feel left out.

She smiled a little, and watched as Avi spoke to more people, grateful that he gave her as much attention as he could.

Finally, they were allowed to leave, after being in the building for a total of about three hours.

Avi sat in the drivers seat this time, and waited for everyone else to climb in, all in their same places except Jake who was in the passenger seat. "So... Who's hungry?"

After receiving several confirmative answers, Avi turned in his seat to look at Scott. "Well, Mr. 'World's Strongest Alpha'? Where would you like to go?"

"Oh, I don't mind. Wherever."

Avi stared at him, letting out an irritated sigh. "I'm waiting."

Scott looked down at Mitch. "How about... Something Italian."

Avi turned back around and raised an eyebrow as he turned on the car. "Don't you have Italian every single night?"

Kevin laughed loudly in the back of the car, Todrick doing the same.

Scott just tilted his head a little and glared at Avi. "Jealous?"

Alex leaned towards Todrick in the back of the car. "I don't get it."

That just made the two Betas laugh even harder.

********

Avi took them to lunch at an Italian restaurant where, unfortunately for Scott, some people had already figured out who he was.

Word spreads quickly when a replacement for the First Alpha shows up, I suppose.

They'd only been looking at the menu for five or so minutes, when some random Alpha walked over to the table, set a hand on Alex's shoulder, before leaning down to whisper. "Hi, I find you attractive." And then he turned, and sat down at a table with another Alpha, before setting his head down on the table.

Alex didn't move, but everyone at the table was staring at him.

Avi took the bait first. "Um. What was that, Alexander?"