Chapter 106

After walking back into the house, Todrick immediately brought Scott upstairs for Kevin to take a look at, unsure if Scott should take any more of his medication yet.

Avi closed the door behind himself, and was instantly hit by a wave of sadness flowing through the entire house.

First he heard a sob off to his right. Avi headed toward the kitchen slowly, before seeing Mitch cleaning the floor, bawling his eyes out.

Avi hurried over and bent a little. "Mitchell?"

Mitch pushed Avi's hand away, and stood from the floor with a wet towel in his hand. "Would you please pick up the glass? I'm not allowed to."

Avi first took a step forward, both hands on the sides of Mitch's face as he stared into his eyes. "Why are you crying, Pup?"

Mitch sniffled, but didn't push Avi away this time. "This is my fault. I yelled at him, and I blamed him for something that wasn't his fault. You left, and he needed me... But I abandoned him too."

Avi sniffled a little too, eyes still wet with his own tears from before, and then he dropped his hands from Mitch's face to grab him in a hug.

Mitch hugged him as tight as he could. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too, Peanut."

Mitch moved away and looked down at the mess on the floor. "Help me? Please?"

Avi nodded, and bent to grab some glass with his fingers.

Kevin gave Scott a bottle of water, telling him if he wasn't in pain then he shouldn't bother with the medications yet.

Scott thanked him several times, repeating it over and over as both Betas helped him get back down the stairs.

Jake came out of his room, and walked down the hall to see what was happening.

Jake, Kevin and Todrick sat on the couch, waiting for Avi to tell them what exactly was going on.

Avi had gone down the hall to find Kirstie, and apologize to her.

At the same time, Scott had quietly walked into the kitchen, where Mitch was washing his hands clean of the alcohol he'd cleaned off the floor, his tears having finally stopped.

Scott stood there and watched him for a bit, just appreciating him.

Mitch suddenly noticed that he could smell Scott's presence, and his head quickly turned toward the door as he shut the water off too. "Alpha?"

Scott didn't move other than his eyes widening a little, not knowing if Mitch was still angry with him or not.

Mitch stared right back at him, until his bottom lip started to wobble for a third time that day. "I'm so sorry..."

Scott's instincts took over, and he quickly surged forward to hug Mitch. "Don't cry, baby. I forgive you. And I'm sorry too."

Mitch hid his face in Scott's chest, squeezing him as tight as possible.  "I didn't mean to curse at you. And I didn't mean to shout at you. It wasn't your fault. You were just trying to protect me... I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, Sweetheart. You're forgiven." Scott moved away, sliding his hands down Mitch's arms to hold his hands, until he noticed that one of Mitch's arms had a small cut on it. Scott lifted Mitch's arm to look closer. "Honey, what happened?"

Mitch hadn't noticed that before, but he frowned at it. "Oh, I... I was cleaning up the alcohol... But I didn't pick up any glass I promise. Just like you told me to. I obeyed you this time, I promise. I must've just touched it by mistake..."