Chapter 155

(A/N)

SORRY Y'ALL I'M AT hannnnnnah13 birthday party xD

But ily

*********

Mitch and Scott stood awkwardly beside each other, Kirstie having left the room to take Grace out to the table for breakfast.

Avi was sitting on the edge of the bed, with his face in his hands. "That didn't make any sense, Mitchell. Could you explain that once more?"

Mitch took a deep breath. "He doesn't want babies. But he promised that we would eventually."

Avi nodded slowly, still not looking at them. "Okay. Okay... I don't know about you, Mitchell. But today isn't eventually. He'll give you all the kids you could possibly want when he's ready. Y'all are both under 30 years old. Under 25, even. You have time to develop your relationship more before doing that."

"But... He promised."

"Peanut, if he's not ready, there's nothing you can do. No matter how much you try to talk him into it, he won't be ready until his brain decides that he is. Don't pressure him into it. You know he would never do that to you."

Mitch pouted, looking over at Scott with a somewhat angry expression.

Scott noticed and frowned at him. "I'm sor--"

Avi snapped at him. "Don't you dare apologize. He should respect you enough to--"

"I do respect him!" Mitch defended. "I just want--"

"Did you just interrupt me?"

Scott waved his hands at them, knowing this situation was only getting messier. "Everyone just shut up!"

Mitch flinched, and glanced over at him, at the same time that Avi looked up.

Scott looked to the floor, hands falling back to his sides. "I'm sorry for shouting... Just... Is this really worth arguing over?"

Avi tried to help him, wanting him to stand up for himself. "You tell me. Or better yet; tell Mitchell."

Scott turned to Mitch, fear dancing in his eyes. "I... I... I'm not ready, Mitchie. I know you are. And I know that as an Omega, you feel like your life will only have purpose once you're taking care of our pups."

"That's not the problem. I just... I just want to know why."

"Why what?"

"Why aren't you ready?"

"Because... Because you're my baby, Mitchie. You... Whether you know it or not... You demand a lot of attention. And now with Avi's attention being diverted because of Grace, he needs help with the Pack. And I'm next in line, so it's my responsibility to help out."

"But that doesn't mean that you're not ready. That means the Pack isn't ready."

"No, I'm not ready. I don't want a child, Mitch. Not yet."

Mitch looked hurt by that statement. "But why? That's all I'm asking."

"Because you're not ready either, Mitch. But you're too stubborn to see it, so I have to be the one to tell you."

"I am too ready! That's my decision, not yours!"

Scott turned to him fully. "No you're not. You--"