Chapter 177

(A/N)

What if I told you I'm surprising you with smut tomorrow xD

*************

Scott finally glanced over Avi's head to look at Mitch, Scott's eyes wide in anticipation.

Mitch was completely still, as he tried to absorb that information. He took a step forward to read over Kevin's shoulder, wanting to see for himself.

Avi moved out of the way, so nothing was in Mitch's way as he surged forward to hug Scott roughly. "Why on Earth would that make me mad? I'm so, so proud of you!"

Scott hugged back, now smiling widely. "Really?"

"Why would that make me mad? You have a warped understanding of emotions."

Kevin spoke again from the table. "How odd... Your shoulder injury kept your score down by almost 70 points. That's insane."

Mitch moved back, only to put both hands on Scott's face and press a firm kiss to his lips.

Scott was the one to break the kiss, because the large smile on his face wouldn't allow him to continue.

Mitch pulled away from him and smiled, his left hand running along Scott's jawbone. "I'm so proud of you. I am so, so, unbelievably, proud of you."

Scott felt pride run up his neck, heating his face in an instant. He looked down to the ground with a small smile. "Really?"

Mitch let a fond expression take over his face, as he lifted Scott's chin with his other hand. "So bashful..."

Avi purposefully interrupted, not wanting Mitch's instincts to trick themselves into starting his Heat early, by smacking Scott on the back a few times. "Job well done, Rookie."

Scott jumped in shock, but turned to face him. "O-Oh! Thank you."

*********

Kirstie and Mitch now sat on the couch, as the others packed up the car.

Kirstie was giving Mitch as many pointers as she could think of, concerning both his Heat, and caring for Grace.

Meanwhile the others were packing up the car, Scott and Avi doing most of the work as they'd requested.

Avi put yet another bag into the back of the car, though he made occasional eye contact with Scott. "Do not forget to feed Wyatt. Do not forget to water the plant that sits upstairs. Do not forget to vacuum at some point."

"Yes, Sir."

"Do not forget that Grace is on a two naps per day schedule. More importantly do not curse around her. Do not kiss Mitchell around her. And Scott, I beg of you, do not bring Mitchell's Heat out of his bedroom. The rest of the house is exclusively asexual. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Sir."

Kevin brought another suitcase over, handing it to Scott. "Take it easy on him, Avi. He isn't going to destroy the house. Have a little faith in him. He hasn't given you a single reason not to trust him."

Avi took one more suitcase, and set it on top of another. "If I want your input, Kevin, I'll ask."

Kevin pursed his lips for a moment, considering speaking out toward Avi's irrationality, but didn't. "Yes, Sir."

Scott tsked at Avi, grabbing a pink bag to put in the car. "Come on. Don't be like that. He was just trying to help."

"Didn't ask for your input either. Do not forget to turn the oven off. Do not forget to wear a condom. Do not--"