Chapter 81

Todrick was making lunch for everyone, Kevin at the table working with the Pack's finances.

Todrick would glance over at him every now and then, sometimes walking out of the room to fill Kevin's tea for him, but otherwise stayed concentrated on his food.

Alex walked into the kitchen and stood beside Todrick to watch him cook, until he spoke quietly. "Toddy? Can I help?"

"If you want. Would you look in the fridge for some milk, please?"

Alex immediately did as he was asked.

Jake eventually make his way over to the table, offering Kevin some much needed help. Mostly he just double checked Kevin's math, and gave him motivational words to keep Kevin working.

Avi was in his own room helping Kirstie study to the best of his ability with some of the books the Betas had loaned them.

Scott and Mitch were sat on the couch, picking up where Alex and Jake left off. Except that neither of the two boys were really paying attention to the screen in front of them.

Scott had just been sitting on the couch, minding his own business, when Mitch skipped over to promptly plop himself down on Scott's lap and wrap both of his arms around Scott's neck.

Scott smiled at him and then looked back to the television, only kind of ignoring him.

Mitch pouted, looked away to briefly watch Wyatt dash across the room, and then looked back over at Scott to kiss his cheek. "Alpha..."

Scott turned his head for a moment, bringing one hand up to rest on Mitch's back. "What's wrong?"

"Pay attention to me."

"How much attention do you need?"

"All of it."

Scott chuckled a little, and leaned forward a little to give Mitch's lips a chaste kiss. "Better?"

"Only a little."

"Well... What do you want, baby? We can watch your favorite movie... We could take a bath... We could go for a walk..." Scott trailed off invitingly, hoping Mitch would give him a suggestion.

"No, I just wanna cuddle."

Alex walked into the living room at that moment, a bright smile on his face. "Hey, Alpha? Could you help me with--?"

Mitch groaned. "Allie, come on. I finally got him to talk to me."

Alex's smile gradually fell. "I'm sorry...?"

Scott just patted Mitch's back, kissed his forehead, and then moved him from his lap to stand up. "It'll only take a minute, Pumpkin."

Mitch whined, grabbing his arm.

Scott decided not to humor him. "No, Mitchie. Just wait here, Sweetie. It won't take long."

Scott then turned to Alex, following him out of the room without looking back.

When Scott walked into the kitchen, Todrick immediately put him to work. The Beta handed him a bowl with three eggs in it, and then he added a few things as Scott watched him, simply holding the bowl.

Todrick then pushed a whisk into Scott's free hand, and gave him a single word command. "Stir."

Scott nodded, taking a step over to one of the counters, and then began stirring quickly.

Todrick did the same to Alex, shoving a different bowl into his arms.

Alex stirred in silence for a second, but then looked up at Todrick, curious about how strange he was acting. "Tod...?"