Chapter 63

Once the other half of the pack returned to the house, they ate a meal together, and then began discussing the times of the two parties they were having.

Mitch's party would be held in a location that the Betas had planned, where no Alphas were allowed. Whereas Scott's would be in a club.

Yes, Scott struggled with alcohol. But Avi had made Scott promise that after he was married, he wasn't allowed to drink more than one glass of wine per day. To eliminate 'drunk' once and for all.

So this was kind of Scott's last opportunity, ever.

However, Avi only saw it as fair that since Scott and Mitch had to be apart, all the couples would be split.

Mitch's party would consist of all the Omegas, plus Todrick.

And Scott's would have all the Alphas, including Kevin.

Yes, Scott had argued that Mitch wouldn't be safe without any Alphas. But Avi had ensured that the entire night, Mitch's group would never even see an Alpha.

And Scott had to trust him, because if Avi was confident enough to leave Kirstie in that situation, then Scott could sure as hell trust Mitch.

Avi would've left Kevin with the Omegas because he was stronger, but Kevin was honestly the only person Avi could trust not to drink.

Even Alex drank sometimes, as Avi was shown on New Years.

Scott gave Mitch the largest hug that he could possibly muster, picking Mitch up off the ground. "I love you so, so much. Have fun tonight, babe. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

Mitch nodded, not protesting to Scott's manhandling. "I love you too..."

Avi tugged on Scott's shirt. "Come on, Rookie."

Scott waved him off, holding Mitch a little longer. "Just.. Wait in the car. I'll be out in a minute, I promise."

Avi respected his wishes, giving Kirstie one last kiss before he left.

Kevin did the same, making Todrick promise to call him before he went to bed, before he followed Avi out the door.

Jake was already outside, warming up the car.

Scott held Mitch as tight as he could. "This is the last time I'm going to hug you, as just my fiancé."

Mitch nodded, adding on. "The next time I see you I'm going to marry you..."

Scott leaned away a little, to see Mitch's face in an attempt to imprint his features on his brain. "I'll miss you, baby. Promise me you'll have fun without me? And don't forget about our agreement for the wedding. To do something ridiculous. Avi and I already have ours planned out."

"I remember. I talked to Kirstie about it to get ideas. But... Are you sure you want something even more ridiculous than a dress?"

"A dress isn't ridiculous, honey. It's beautiful. And I am so proud of you for being strong enough to fight gender barriers."

Mitch blushed a little, and leaned forward to kiss Scott's forehead, now that their heights were closer together. "Aw, thank you. I love making you proud."

Scott set Mitch's feet back on the ground, but never let his eyes leave Mitch's. He leaned in to kiss Mitch once more, and then removed himself from Mitch completely.

Mitch watched him leave, and brought his necklace out of his shirt, holding eye contact with Scott as he kissed the dog tag.

Scott grinned at him, and did the same, before turning to leave the house.