Chapter 87

Alex made his soup in peace for at least ten seconds. But then Scott and Travis were at each others' throats once more.

Travis took a step forward. "Please tell me you're not the one who Marked him."

"What does it matter? I'd do a better job than you did."

"Just answer my question."

"No. I didn't. Jake did."

"Who is Jake? And where can I find him?"

Scott rolled his eyes. "Please. Jake could kick your ass."

"Oh that's just great. Cursing in front of the Omegas."

"You really want to argue about behavior around Omegas? Shall we begin with you throwing him into a wall, or--?"

Travis shoved him. "You don't know anything about that!"

"I know that he didn't deserve it!"

Alex whined loudly, pouting at Scott. "Please don't."

Scott blinked at him. "I'm just trying to help, Xand. Imagine what Jake would be doing. Or Todrick."

"I can handle myself. Please don't argue anymore. I hate arguing."

Scott growled at Travis then. "You heard him. Get out."

"I have as much right to be here as you do."

Avi walked into the kitchen then. "Actually, you don't."

Alex knew more arguing was going to ensue, so he dropped everything in his hands with a groan, and then turned to run out of the kitchen.

Scott shouted after him. "Just go hang out with Mitch, Xander."

Alex didn't answer, as that had been his plan all along.

Travis tried to follow him, but Scott put a hand out in front of him. "Don't."

Travis pushed his arm down. "Don't tell me what to do. He's more mine than he is yours."

"Oh really? Because you're the one that had to hold him when he cried after his divorce? You're the one--"

Avi waved a hand at him. "Scott, stop that. Go find him."

Scott stood strong for a second, giving Travis a harsh glare, before he growled and then left the room.

Avi sighed, turning to make himself a cup of coffee, knowing Kirstie was still in the middle of the test.

Travis stood beside him for a few minutes. "Thanks for that."

"That wasn't for your benefit. It was for Alexander's sake."

"Fuck, not you too."

"Well, someone had to show him that Alphas aren't always terrible."

Scott stormed down the hallway, and slammed his office door closed when he walked into the room.

Alex was sitting on the ground with his head in his hands, Mitch asleep on Scott's comfortable chair.

Scott sighed, walking over to grab one of Alex's arms to make him stand up. Then he walked over and slid one arm behind Mitch's back to pick him up.

Mitch groaned as he woke up. "Alpha... Why?"

Scott didn't answer. Just sat down on the chair, and pulled Mitch onto one of his legs, and Alex onto the other.

Mitch leaned one of his shoulders into Scott's chest. "Was Allie okay?"