Chapter 98

(A/N)

So technically, April Fools Day is a holiday. Not really, but sort of.

Regardless, there will be a double.

And as per request, the second chapter is actually kind of associated with April Fools.

SO THERE YOU GO.

**********

Avi, although he was in a bad mood, helped Scott limp back into the house.

Scott flinched every time he had to step on his left foot, because it made the stitches stretch a little, and it was a feeling he wasn't used to.

Avi watched him carefully. "Are you alright? I'm gonna have to get you up the stairs. You're definitely not going to like it."

Scott whined loudly. "Please don't. It hurts."

Kirstie and Kevin had gone to clean the kitchen, Jake already in there cleaning the Tupperware.

Todrick was sitting beside Alex at the table, stirring a cup of tea.

Mitch was standing on Scott's other side. "Alpha, please... Don't make him walk up the stairs."

Avi glanced around to see if anyone was looking, and then he scooped Scott into his arms, Scott clinging to his shirt tightly.

Avi glared at Mitch. "Don't say a word." And then he started carrying Scott up the stairs.

Mitch just smiled at them, following them slowly.

Alex watched Todrick curiously, his chin resting on the table so he was making direct 'eye contact' with the tea cup itself.

Todrick looked down at him. "Allie, what are you doing?"

"Watching." Alex sat up straight, eyes wide. "Oh, sorry... Am I making you uncomfortable?"

"No, no... I just... Didn't know what you were doing."

Alex smiled a little. "Travis liked tea too..."

Todrick set the spoon down on the table with a bit of force. "Alex, why do you do that? Stop thinking about him."

"But... Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that."

"I thought you liked Jake."

"I do! Very, very much."

"Then why won't you let Travis go?"

"I... I can't... Didn't you hear him? He wants me back. He isn't over me either."

Todrick sighed, looking at the clock and deciding he was way too tired for this. "Listen, Alex. It comes down to who you want to be with. If you want to be with Jake, you have to let Travis go. You're not being fair to him. And if you want to be with Travis, then go ahead and fix your old relationship."

"I want to be with Jake." He responded quickly.

"Then, for the love of everything, drop it. Jake deserves better than that. He deserves your full attention, and your full commitment."

Alex looked down at the table. "Okay. I'm sorry..."

"Don't be... Just.. You need to go to bed, Allie. But can I leave you with one last thing?"

Alex turned to him, eyes wide in interest. "Of course."

"I heard this somewhere... 'Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken, than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together.'"