Chapter 1

---Elenore P.O.V.---

I woke up to my mother lightly touching my shoulder. "Elenore", she stated "its time for school."
That's right... Its my first day in high school. I groggily got out of bed and look into my closet. I put on one of my favorite dresses, it was black with a dark pink, lacey ribbon around the waist.
'Might as well look nice I guess...' I though to myself. After getting dressed and brushing my hair, I went downstairs for breakfast. I quickly made a bowl of cereal and returned to my bathroom to brush my teeth. I checked the time. '7:30... Half an hour until I'm officially a freshman.' The thought scared me a little. All I've ever heard was that as a freshman, people bully you all the time! After discovering my "power" last year, I've realized that when I get upset you can see my flames. That's going to be bad if someone at school notices...
I heard my mother call to me. "Elenore! Its time to go!" My heart pounded 'already?!" I grabbed my bag and walked out to the car. "Guess I better get it over with..."

---At school---

"ELENORE!" I saw one of my best friends, Lucy, call out to me. "Lucy!" I shouted back "How have you been?! I didn't see you all summer!" She replied.
"I'm sorry, you know mum. She ALWAYS has something for me to do!" I chuckled. "Yea I guess you right."

After catching up for a few minutes, another one of my friends, Ciel, walks up. "CIEL!" I wrap him in a hug similar to Lucy until I notice Griffin waking across the quad. "Look who's here!" He yelled, increasing his pace. Soon after, the bell rang for class. Lucy and I had the same first period, then me and Griffin, and then 2 classes by myself. Next was lunch, followed by the rest of my 2 classes with Ciel. But the best part, I had the last class, other than Ciel, my crush, Gray! I've only talked to him a few times, but those times were my favorite of 8th grade year. He was tall and athletic built, with dark hair and dark brown eyes.
Ciel was around my heigh, only about 4 inches taller, with black hair and ocean eyes.
Lucy had long blonde hair and light brown eyes.
Griffin had dirty blond hair with stormy grey eyes.
I have long, black hair that is usually strait, since I don't like doing my hair. I also have ice-blue eyes, but when I use my power, they turn to an onyx-green.

---After school---

Ciel and I met up with Lucy and Griffin to all walk home together.
"High school... isn't that bad..." Said Griffin with a smile.
"I guess not." Lucy replied. Ciel and I stayed quiet, not wanting to judge it just yet. "I guess time will tell." Ciel said after a few moments of silence.