Chapter 39

---Ciel's P.O.V.---

I looked outside to see how hard the journey would be moving all of our stuff, and noticed it was storming. Yesterday snow, today thunder and lightning. I walked to Ele's door and tapped lightly. She didn't answer so I looked to see if she was asleep. I peeked through the door and saw her huddled under her blankets.
'Oh Ele...'
I ran to her and lifted the blanket a little off her face and saw she was crying.
"Ele? It's okay, I'm here. I'll keep you safe." I held on to her tightly.
She sniffled and looked up at me whispering "I'm scared Ciel..."
Another crack of thunder. She shuddered at the sound and held on to the sides of her head. Her cries increased in volume during the noise, and when it died down, so did she. Next was lightning. Seeing the bright light scared her as well and she held on to me, planting her face into my chest.
"It's okay Ele. Come on, wanna go for a walk?"
"B-but it-it's raining." she said through sniffles.
"Come on, I'll keep you safe. Get dressed!" I smiled to reassure her. She nodded and got on her raincoat and boots, then flipped the hood up. I held out my arm and she looped it through, then I opened the door. I held an umbrella up for keep the rain off of her. We began walking through the streets and when the thunder starting rolling, I talked to her so she would focus on me. Then when the lighting came, I pulled her into a hug so she couldn't see the light. Pretty soon, we were walking past Jacob's house and she stopped.
"What is it Ele?"
"I-I thought that I heard something. Its nothing though... Let's just keep walking."
We decided after a while to turn back, mostly because we got cold since it is winter. We walked back into our home and tried waiting out the storm. We tried thinking of things we could do together, but it isn't as easy as you'd think. Living with our friends for so long made it difficult for us to have alone time like this, so we don't really know what to do.
Eventually, after talking for a little while, we decided to go to the local bakery because Ele was craving something sweet.
We put on our coats again, but luckily the rain died down a little. When we got there, the rain had completely stopped, almost out of nowhere. Ele also kept complaining about hearing someone call her name, but I assured her everything was okay. We ate a bunch of chocolates, her especially, and paid then went back home. Tomorrow, we would look for a job we can do after moving our items from the old house into the new one.

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

I keep hearing a voice in my head... I can't remember where I heard it before, but it sounded almost demonic. It was low, and scary. Ciel noticed and promised he wasn't playing a prank on me, but I still didn't know what it could be. Walking past Jacob's house made me wonder... But I don't think he would do something so cruel as a joke. I hope that his power isn't making him to evil things again...